Chapter Six

***JEREMI POV***

I watch Regan as she crawls around on the blanket, trying to chase a small butterfly that had landed near her. It has been two weeks since I left Lucas and he had been doing good leaving me alone. I knew it hurt him but I needed to be away. I needed to think things through and think of what was best for my daughter. Rolland had been going over to make sure Lucas was ok and from what he told me Lucas has been keeping clean, he even deleted Arnold's number out of his contacts. I look down at my phone and reread the text message that was waiting to be sent.

TO My Love:
Lucas I am at the park with Regan.
We need to talk

I stare at it for a few minutes longer before finally pressing send. I hear a squeal and look up to see Regan standing up on wobbly legs trying to chase a squirrel. I stand up and scoop up my baby girl making her laugh. I tickle her stomach and do raspberries making her howl. An elderly couple turn their head and smile kindly at me before going about their day. I look down at the girl in my arms.

"Lets go to the swings." I say happily. She gurgles baby talk at me as I walk away from our picnic to the small playground near by. I make my way to the swings and smile when I see that there is one baby seat still open. Placing Regan in it I laugh when I see the Joy on her face as she kicks her legs. "Ready Regan, One , two and THREEEEE." I say and push the swing, causing her to shriek with laughter and kick her legs harder. I push her on the swing for a while until I feel my pocket vibrating. Using one hand I continue to push Regan as I check my phone.

From My Love:
Just got out of work.
Can you wait twenty Minutes?

Shit I forgot he worked today. I look up at the sky. It was a nice day out and I had extra diapers and food and toys for Regan to keep her entertained. I stop Pushing her for a few minutes to shoot off a reply.

To My Love:
Yes.

Regan lets out a small cry and my Head snaps over to her to see her reaching her arms out, wanting out of the swing. I stuff my phone back in my pocket and pick up my daughter.

"Lets go slide down the slide shall we?" I says to her kissing her cheek.

***LUCAS POV***

From Wifey
Yes.

I stare at the text before starting my car and racing to the Park. I knew which park she was talking about, the one that was about a five minute walk away from our house. It was roughly twenty minutes away from my work and I raced to it, my heart crashing in my chest painfully. I would get to see my daughter, My girlfriend. Its been Two weeks and each day felt like a hundred years. It was hell, Especially having Rolland check up on me. Didn't he have his own life to live and care about? Did he really need to spy on mine? I shake those thoughts out of my head as I focus on driving to the park, nerves pooling in my stomach. What did she want to talk about? Did she want me back? did she want to end the engagement and break up with me? Was she going to take Regan from me?

NO LUCAS STOP THINKING THAT WAY! No matter how messed up Jeremi and I got she would never take my daughter from me. She might ask for supervised visits, which with the way I have been acting I wouldn't blame her, But she would never Take her away from me. She wasn't that kind of person. With that in mind I raced to the park.