Chapter Nine

WARNING SEXUAL CONTENT WITHIN

***LUCAS POV***

The first thing I notice when I wake up is the splitting pain pounding in my skull. I open my eyes and hiss as the light pierces them. I squeeze them shut and turn to wrap my arms around Jeremi.

"SHIT!" I yelp as I fall to the ground. What the? I crack my eyes open and stare in confusion. Where the hell was I. I sit up, rubbing my chin where I had hit it on the floor. I stare around the large room until my eyes land on the smiley face on the wall. SHIT! Last night comes rushing back making me groan. I had gone out with Arnold and got wasted and high, the rest of the night a complete blank meaning I blacked out. I left Jeremi all alone. What time was it. FUUUUUUUUUUUCK. What was I going to tell her? Maybe I'll just tell her that I took a drive to clear my head and fell asleep in my car? Yeah that's what I'll do. I'm sure I can convince her of that. I get up and stumble as the pain in my head intensifies. First I needed Aspirin. I look over to see Arnold passed out on the other side of the couch. I go over to him and nudge him trying to wake him up. He grumbles out some colorful words and swats at me.  Heh Oops I forgot he hated to be woken up. I nudge him again.

"Arnold get up. I need aspirin and my car keys." I say nudging him again. He opens one eye and glares at me before pointing at his duffel bag.

"Aspirin in the side pocket your keys are in the main pocket. Now Leave me alone." He grumbles turning over so his back was to me and his face was to the back of the couch. I shake my head and grab his bag, digging out the pain meds and my keys. I take the pills dry, YUCK medication breath. I'd have to pick up a soda on the way home. Wait a minute.

"Arnold where's my phone?" I ask him as I search my pockets. He curses and flings something at my head. I duck just in time, other wise I would have been clocked right in the forehead with my phone. "Jeesh Thanks. some best friend you are." I grumble bending over and snatching up my phone. He just pegs me off and goes back to sleep. I shake my head. "Yeah see you some time. thanks for last night."

"Anytime now SHUT UP!" He snarls, digging into the couch farther. I laugh and slip out of the room, jogging down the stairs and outside.

"Fuck!" I groan and shield my eyes. Why did the sun have to be so bright? I walk to my car and quickly get in, trying to get out of the sun. Slamming my door shut I hook up my phone and crank up my music, heading to the gas station to get something to drink and something to eat. I nod my head to the beat.

"Dead I am the pool, spreading from the fool  Weak and want you need, nowhere as you bleed  Dead I am the rat, feast upon the cat  Tender is the fur, dying as you purr  Dig through the ditches,  And burn through the witches  I slam in the back of my  Dragula" Rob Zombie's gurgled voice sings to me and I turn up the song. Man this was a good song! I get to the gas station and buy myself some code red and fill up on gas. Might as well while I'm here. ten minutes later I am zooming off toward my house and family. I really hope Jeremi Believed me.

***JEREMI POV***

I look up from feeding Regan and frown as Lucas slips in, a code red in his hand.

"Where were you? I woke up last night and you were just Gone." I say, my voice slightly edgy. He looks at me and guilt pools in his eyes as he comes over to us. He kisses the top of Regan's head before sitting across from me. Wordless I hand him Regain's food and he hands her some of it. "Where were you?" I ask softly. He shrugs.

"Sorry I couldn't sleep last night and I just needed to get out of the house." He says looking at me and giving me an apologetic smile. I raise an eyebrow.