Chapter Ten

***ROLLAND POV***

I look up when I hear someone walking over to me and see Lucas dragging his feet as he goes to clock in.

"Yo Carver You ok man?" I ask as I see the tortured look on his face. He clocks in and comes over to stand next to me. I look up from under the car and give him a raised eye brow. "You ok?" I ask again. He sighs.

"My parents are being released sometimes this week." He whispers, I stare at him.

"I know your mom is suppose to get out this year, But your Dad? He has another three years!" I say, my voice hushed yet booming. He shrugs, anger in his eyes.

"Good behavior bullShit" He says bitterly and I shake my head. That was just messed up. That man didn't deserve to ever be free.

"Does your sister know?" He shrugs, a helpless look in his eyes mixed with panic.

"I don't know I haven't talked to her. But she has nothing to worry about. They never laid a hand on her.". I just shake my head and continue to work. He lapse into a comfortable silence until someone calls him over to help put new tires on a car. 

"Hey Rolland, Oliver wanted to know if it was ok if he and I went out tonight." Kenna says walking over to me. I look up at her and give her a small smile. In the few months that I had lived with her and her family she had become like a younger sister to me and a older sister to Allen. She was still the same as she was in High school, with her hair blonde and the tips black and Red. Oliver still to this day insisted he dye her hair every time she needed it retouched. Those two were still inseparable and she would still cast guarded looks at me, but I now knew it was just the protective side of her showing through and it didn't mean much. I shrug and finally get up from under the car, having finished fixing it.

"Yeah I don't mind, Have, just make sure he doesn't do anything stupid again." I say smirking at her as she blushes. Last time the two of them went to a club Oliver go so drunk he started dancing on the table making every gay man in the club want to take him home that night. The next morning he woke up and had so many phone numbers in his pocket it made me slightly jealous. That was MY husband no one else's!

"I'll try not to." She says winking and walking away, most likely to head to our place. I look over at Lucas, making sure he was still ok and see him fixing the ball barring's on a car, a frustrated look on his face. I wonder over and ask if he needs help. We work in silence as we put the new piece onto the car. I go back to mine and Call up its owner to pick it up. My shift ends about an hour later and I call goodbye to Kenna's father and Lucas before heading home. My phone Rings out Allen's Ring tone.

"So I'll find what lies beneath  Your sick twisted smile  As I lie underneath  Your cold jaded eyes  Now you turn the tide on me  'Cause you're so unkind  I will always be here  For the rest of my life" I pull over and answer the call, cutting off breaking Benjamin's what lies beneath.

"Yeah Allen what do you need?" I ask when I put the phone to my ear.

" My Girlfriend Alyssa is picking me up. I'm spending the night at her place." He says and I can hear him putting a bag together.

"I though you were dating That Brittany girl." He snorts.

"She was cheating on me so I broke up with her. that was last week. I'm dating Alyssa Courtfeild now." He says. I roll my eyes. What happened to the deer in the head lights little brother I knew and love? Who was this man whore?

"You can NOT sleep over her house!" I say grabbing my Blue tooth and hooking it up to the phone so I could drive. I wanted to get to the house before he left. I hear him sigh and can practically hear him roll his eyes.