Chapter 5: forgiveness

Darkness watched the girl in front of him with a deep frown. She didn't know her last name? Did she think she could fool him with that? He didn't know, he stood releasing a sigh and walked out the door slamming and locking it. He didn't know what she was capable of but she did somehow manage to escape from a mental hospital, he had no idea what to do. How do you care for someone crazy? Sure species have returned not in their right minds but that was mostly PTS, post traumatic stress disorder, from being stuck in those cells and being tormented, it wasn't possible this small female had gone through something that horrible.
Whipping out his phone he dials Justice's number, the phone rings twice before the voice of his mate answers "darkness? Didn't I tell you not to call him today! He's taking a rest!" She sounded furious and he couldn't blame her. Justice had so much to do and take care of a day of rest with his mate was what's needed.
"It's important" he growls back, which it was, he had no idea what to do with the female would she be able to stay?
"It's ALWAYS important!" She groaned.
"A human female managed to scale the brick wall supposedly by herself and she is claiming she is crazy" he states calm and level headed.
"Shit. It is important" Jessie curses, he could hear her call for her mate as the grunt of Justice notifies him. Darkness repeats what happened in full detail to the male, pausing, he waits for a response.
"Put her in a hotel room and have males guard her, have someone else look up information on her to see where she came from and if she is a threat. If she actually experienced what you told me she should stay and be safe here unless she is a danger to our people" Darkness was grateful for the help, Justice was right, this female could be in danger and species didn't like to see females hurt.
"Thanks" he hung up swiftly before Justice could ask about work. He opened the door slightly hearing muffled talking through the door.
"Well if they send me back then I guess my only option is to die," she spoke softly "oh I'm sure you'd like that, jokes on you if I die you do too" she chuckles seeming to have heard something amusing. "No I won't go back and put up with Mitch's abuse, I hope he gets STD's from that nurse" she sounded irritated.
-
Verna felt the other voice appear in her mind, it was softer, less aggressive then the one she normally talked to. It was odd the medication normally blocked it out, 'what will you do if they don't let you stay?' It comments, worry lacing its soft tone.
"Well if they send me back then I guess my only option is to die," she frowns, it was true. She didn't have much of a choice at this point.
'You're finally going to die?purrfect' the cackling voice purrs, she rolled her eyes. It was back and as tiring as before.
"oh I'm sure you'd like that, jokes on you if I die you do too" Verna laughs back as the shriek that the voice gives off, it never liked her questioning it.
'What if something happens and you get sent back?' The voice panicked.
"No I won't go back and put up with Mitch's abuse, I hope he gets STD's from that nurse" she crosses her arms, irritated at the thought.
'Shush! He's coming back!' It hisses, she snaps her mouth shut. She stares at the man that walks in, she knew who it was even though his face consorted back into the head of a panther mixed with other distinct features. Darkness stood in front of her eyes fierce, "follow me" he watched her get to her feet and follow after him, he lead her to a golf cart keeping a close eye on her the entire time.
She watched him pull a knife from his pocket and growl inaudible words into it, she watched him her chest constricting at the thought of him killing her. He pulled back his hand and jammed the knife straight into her chest right between her breasts, pain shot through her body her muscles bunched as she let out a small sob. Crimson blood dropped from her lip, the red liquid dropping onto her leg. She gripped the blade that he had released and twisted it deeper, death never ending her suffering as her own deep red blood coated her hands.
Blink.
She stared at her hands mouth gaped, the blood was gone and darkness who's face was back to normal was speaking into a walkie talkie. Verna pressed her hands to her chest, her body still in tact. She was almost disappointed that the pain was gone, pain that should have lead to her death but like a cruel joke. It was all a vision.