78 Panic & Pain

The huntress broke abruptly away from him. Trembling, she gasped. She could hardly breathe and was shaking. The heart in her chest stung. Distraught, she stared at Wataru. Her hand clutched at her shirt, while she could not take her eye off of him. Slowly, she went a step away from him.

"What's wrong?", asked Wataru confused.

"What have you done?!", she croaked.

He ran irritated a hand through his hair. "I ... we kissed."

"No. Something is happening to me." Panting, she blinked several times.

"What do you mean?" Disoriented looked Yuna around. She wanted to get away from here. Away from him. What had he done to her? "Yuna! What's happening? Talk to me!"

Again, she looked at him. "I don't know."

The young man spread his arms. "Come here."

"Stay away from me!" She stepped further back.

"Yuna-chan ..."

Her heart ached infinitely. It was unbearable for her. Tears flowed down her cheek. What happened to her? For a fraction of a moment she felt like the luckiest girl in the world, but then something inside her changed. She pressed her hand on her chest, where her heart beat as if it would tear apart at any moment.

Worried, the young man approached her. "Yuna-chan. How can I help you?"

"You can't help me!" Only one man could help her. She turned around and ran away.

"YUNA-CHAN!" Wataru sprinted after her, but she was way too fast for him. "YUNA!"

The huntress spurted as fast as she could. She swept through the streets into the industrial district. Wataru had lost sight of her after a few minutes. He continued trying to follow her, but without knowing where she went, he ran just aimlessly through the night.

The girl smashed with such enormous force into the door, that it crashed against the wall and then slammed shut.

"YOSHIRO!!!", she screamed as she rushed into the main hall of his warehouse.

The Oni looked up from his desk, where he was reading the newspaper. "Yuna? What's wrong?"

"Something is happening to me!" Sobbing, she fell to her knees.

Yoshiro appeared squatting next to her. "What happened?"

With tears flowing down her cheek and gasping for breath, she looked up. "Wataru kissed me."

"So?"

"At first, it was beautiful. I felt warmth and love, but now all it does is hurt." Groaning, the girl cringed, as if this could relieve her pain. Thoughtfully the mentor considered the huntress. "HELP ME! PLEASE!", she begged.

"I'm thinking." He frowned and analyzed the newly acquired information.

The blue-haired gritted her teeth. "It hurts so bad!"

The yellow-skinned recapitulated. When he had hugged her, she had complained about pain too. He had assumed that her power should not be permanently active, because this was unusual in most Oni. There had to be a reason why she had been invulnerable all this time. And now there was an indication of how her power could be controlled. Emotional security as a switch.