Chapter 1

Edited date: 29/04/2023

"No!" my voice trembled as I witnessed the horrific scene before me. With his murderous eyes, and his hand with that murderous weapon pointing at my fiance, he looked anything but remorseful.

"Please no!" my body quivered just by looking at that gun in his hand.

"Make your choice," for the first time I felt a shiver run down my spine as I heard the man speaking to me. I felt scared for the lives that I loved. My family, my fiance, and my friends become a victim of this person with the gun.

"Sign the paper or accept a bullet in his forehead,"

His voice so calm that it scared me further. Taking a life seemed like a normal thing for him.

***

How did it turn up like this?

It was supposed to be the best day of my life. A day that every woman awaits and wants to cherish. 

My hands shivered as I touched the hand of my lover. It was as cold as ice.

But as I looked out at the sea of faces gathered in the grand hall, I felt a sudden sense of unease. Something was wrong. And then, in an instant, my worst fears were realized.

A gunshot rang out, echoing through the room like thunder. I felt my body jolt in response, the sound reverberating through my bones like a shockwave. And then, as I turned to see what had happened, I saw him.

"Emmett!" my voice came out as a whisper and my heart stopped in my chest as I watched him fall to the ground, blood spreading rapidly across the front of his shirt. The love of my life, my soulmate, my everything, lay motionless on the floor, his eyes closed and his breathing shallow.

I felt my knees weaken, my entire body trembling with fear and shock. It couldn't be real, it had to be some kind of terrible nightmare. But as I looked around the room, I saw the terror on the faces of our guests and heard their screams of horror and disbelief.

The room was chaos, with people running in every direction, tripping over chairs, and knocking over tables. But I was frozen in place, my eyes fixed on him, willing him to wake up, to open his eyes and tell me that everything was going to be okay.

But he didn't move, didn't stir. And as the seconds turned into minutes, I felt a cold dread settle in my chest. This couldn't be happening, not on what was supposed to be the happiest day of our lives.

"Juliette!" I could hear someone calling my name but my eyes refused to turn back and meet the person. 

My gaze drifted towards the satin white dress that I had so meticulously picked out for this momentous occasion - my wedding day. The very thought filled me with both excitement and a tinge of nervousness. But all of it was soon overshadowed by the horrifying reality that lay before me.

Blood stains - a deep, crimson hue that seemed to seep into every inch of the pristine white fabric. Blood that belonged to the two men I loved the most - my fiancé and my lover. The sight was too much to bear, and for a moment, I refused to believe what was happening.

But then, as I cradled his lifeless head on my lap, it dawned on me - this was no nightmare. He wasn't going to get up and hold my hand as we exchanged vows, as we had planned. Instead, he lay there motionless on the very altar that was meant to be the site of our union.

My wedding day had turned into a nightmare beyond comprehension.

As I surveyed the scene around me, my eyes caught sight of the ominous figures that had infiltrated our once peaceful ceremony. Men dressed in black suits, armed and dangerous, pointed their guns at the guests, rendering them immobile. Panic surged through me as I realized the gravity of the situation.