#12

Birthdays are always fun, but when your mum forgets and you have to go to school, it turns worse. Well, that's my situation right now, school, learning, books, teachers... Ugh.

I arrived late on purpose, but the agony of school soon settled its way into me like a knife sawing into a fruit. What made it worse was that I still had a whole 5 hours left.

I groan and stare at my pen. A tap on my shoulder broke me from my concentration, causing me to look at the person behind me. Thomas, my best friend and boyfriend.

"Happy birthday." He whispers. He hands me a small box that's wrapped in colourful wrapping paper.

"Thanks." I reply, taking the item from his hands.

"Open it." He says eagerly. I start to rip the layer of paper and finally get to a velvet square box. I open it and find a simple silver necklace, with the first letter of my name on it.

"Thank you Tommy." I say hugging him. It was kind of a weird hug, since there was a table separating us.

"Happy birthday princess." He smiles. I grin and take out the necklace to observe it. "Here let me." I turn to him, his arm stretched out. I place the chain in his palm and he fiddles around with the clasp. (I don't know what the thingy is called.)

"Can you move your hair please?" I do as he says and hold my hair to the side. I wait as he fumbles around with the necklace, and lean my neck to the right. Within a few seconds I feel something soft touch my skin, it's touch moving further up to my jaw.

"Thomas stop." I say trying not to giggle. He rests his chin on my shoulder and whispers.

"I have a surprise for you."

"Surprise?"

"A birthday surprise."

"Really? What is it? Where is it?"

"Shh. Calm down love, it's a surprise."

"Will I like it." I quirk an eyebrow.

"Oh yes, you will love it."

"And where might this surprise be?"

"In my.."

"Mr Sangster, Miss Y/L/N, would you like to teach the class, or are you discussing the work?" Mr. Trew says.

Thomas grins. "It's ok sir, we're just helping each other on a question."

"No need for my assistance?" The teacher slowly makes his way over but stops a few desks in front.

"No, no. We're nearly finished it so.." Tommy responds. The teacher nods and turns back to a student.

"So the surprise is..?" I push.

"My house." He smirks mischievously. Now I know exactly what his surprise is.

--------------------------------------------

Sorry this is late guys... My mum took my phone and I had lots of homework so... Ugh

Love ya

~R