chapter 32

Violet's POV -

Have you ever doubted your hearing skills ?

I don't know about you but I am surely doubting mine.

"WHAT ?! HOW ??! " I shriek out , gasping at what he just told me.

" There is no time for that conversation . I myself will know once I talk to Amy about the details. I need to go to the hospital right now !" He says , rubbing my arm to calm me down .

" What do you mean 'I' ? I am coming too." I say sternly.

" You cant ." He refuses.

" Why ? I need to be with Amy." I try to convince him.

" No ! I am there for her . You need to be with Calvin. He shouldnt know about this till atleast tomorrow morning. You head to his place right now and I am rushing to the hospital." He says , dragging me outside.

" Okay." I say meekly and walk towards my car .

" Dont worry , Vi. Take care of yourself and Cal." He says before speeding off.

I too , drive out of the parking lot and speed up like a jet towards his house.

Once I reach , the security comes approaching my car to check the outsider at this hour. Surely , they didnt recognize me in the dark lest they'd know it is me.

" Miss Taylor ?" The guard gives me a confused look.

" Yes ." I say and walk inside the palace not bothering to explain my arrival.

I start ascending the stairs towards the second floor where his room is. On my way up , I hear a faint murmuring from a room . I follow the source of the sound and find myself in front of a room adjacent to Calvin's bedroom .

The door was ajar and I enter it hesitantly , ignoring the warning bells in my brain.

" Hello ?" I say and see a skinny figure which becomes clear. I heave a huge sigh of relief as I see a lady standing there with her hand in mid air with a cellphone. I assume she was talking to someone which led to the murmuring.

" Oh ! I have been expecting you , Miss Taylor." The woman says , keeping the cellphone in her pocket.

" I am sorry but I fail to recognize you." I formally say.

" I am Mary , Amelia's sister. I have been told about you by Michael . In fact , I was attending his call right now." She says.

" Oh ! How is Calvin ?" I ask her.

" I tucked him to bed but you see , he is not much of a sound sleeper . He wakes up many times in the middle of the night." She says.

" Uh-okay ! I will take care of it. Please stay the night here if it isnt too much to ask for." I request her.

" That's nice of you to say that but I have my children to take care of. They must be waiting. I was waiting for you and now that you have come ,I need to go." She says.

" Oh okay . It is not safe for you to go back by yourself this late. You can take my car . Ask that keeper John to drop you off." I say.

" Thank you so much ." She gratefully says.

" Here are the keys ! " I say , handling the car keys to her.

" Okay. Bye ! Once again , thanks alot." She says and leaves.

I immediately call up mom and inform her about my whereabouts. Right when I think of calling Jasmine , Amelia's name flashes on the screen. I answer it hastily.