XV. Mega Man

I called for Tempo and Rush occasionally, not wishing to think they had been captured again. When I needed them most, they were no where to be found.

We were in a realm that seemed to look like a construction zone. There was dirt everywhere, with cation tape and such on the walls, which seemed to be made of rock. The top was closed off, which made it seem like it was night covering the place, and everyone that had once been working had gone home. A few streetlamps lit up the ground a bit.

"What robot could possibly be here?" I asked myself, putting Sonic near a wall. Getting him into more trouble would be the worst thing that could have happened.

Nothing came to mind, but the place felt oddly familiar, like I had been there a million times. I could picture Cut Man and Gut Man nearly killing each other with rocks. Elec Man was leaning against a lamp post, bored as usual. Fire Man was helping melt steel and change it into forms, sometimes into interesting shapes just for fun.

"Duh!" I shouted, ready for anything. It was the real Robot Masters' realm! The ones that were my friends. I doubted Elec Man or Ice Man would be there, but the others would be a handful even one on one. Without help, how would I possibly even dream of winning...?

I looked from Sonic to the ground. He needed to be kept safe. Of course, he would help if there was any trouble anyway, but I didn't want to see him in anymore pain.

Then again, him not helping would probably cause more pain for both of us.

"I'll help." Sonic said, as if he had read my mind. "I-I'm better. Just... in pain. What are we up against?"

I wanted to protest, but I hesitated. The hedgehog getting mad could result in the last time he would be able to control his mind. I wondered how long the virus had until it went to his brain. Or, if it was there already, until it took over. I shuddered. It seemed so weird to see humans - er, animals - and robots so alike. "I'm not completely sure, but it shouldn't be more than three."

"Oh, is that all?" Sonic said sarcastically.

"It gets worse." I explained. "The robots are the ones that my father built. They aren't Wily knock-offs. They're more powerful, but I think I might be able to reason with them. If I can't, we'll defeat them and take them back to Light Labs later."

"Great." Sonic yawned, stretching his arm up. I heard something in my ear crackle, and I held my communicator close. I listened, and it sounded like somebody talking.

"Tempo...?" I asked, thinking that she could have found a way to talk to us.

After another minute or so, I could hear audible words. "It's me." He said. I smiled as I heard my dad's voice. It felt like it had been ages since I had.

"Dad, I need your help." I said. I explained the whole situation that had gone on with Sonic, wondering if there was some way he could counter the virus. If he could, however, there was always the problem of getting it there. Sonic glared at me the entire time, as if he didn't appreciate what I was doing. It was like he didn't want me trying to help him. I hoped that if we could cure him he wouldn't be quite as bitter.

"I can try." He finally answered. "But it will take some time. I'll have Tempo and Rush-"

"Tempo and Rush are there?" I asked. "How'd they get there?"

"They suddenly teleported here not too long ago."

"Do you mean we can teleport to this spot now? Is it like a checkpoint in a video game?"

Dad laughed. I thought it had been a legitimate question. "Not quite. I can only teleport robots to the location, not teleport them back here. So, for instance, I could bring Tempo and Rush to you, but I want to wait to see if I can help Sonic first."