Chapter 34

Savannah's P.O.V

"John Martian, Leo Andrews, Darren King, Savannah King, and myself." Ethan concluded, after reading out who, from the two packs, would be in the first wave. Aka: the front.
I looked over at Jordan, I purposely didn't pick him to be in the front, I knew he would hate me for it, however he wasn't at the top, he was losing battles in training and had been seriously injured in pre attacks from the Blood-Red Rose Pack.
"Jordan Andrews, Melissa Young, Rick Landy, Stewart Miller," Ethan's list of the second wave began.
Both Leo and Jordan came over to me at the same time.
"I'm in the second wave?" Jordan asked quietly.
"He is in the second wave? He is one of our best fighters, and you put him in the second wave?" Leo shouted.
"Yes, and he's lucky to be there." I said calmly.
"What are you talking about? He is a great fighter, you've seen him fight before-" Leo shouted.
"I have, but-"
"And he has always made the front lines before-" he shouted.
"Until now."
"And he hasn't ever let me, us, down before-" he shouted.
"And he hasn't been seriously injured before." I shouted back.
That shut him up.
"The last battle he was in, he had displaced a disk in his back."
"An easy fix." Leo butted in.
I nodded. "However, this disk was very high up his spine, if the blow that displaced it was any higher or he was any shorter he would have died instantly." I growled.
"We all live with that risk in battle." Leo said.
"Expect for the fact that the disk was dislodged by a simple, but hard, punch. Something that should have easily been blocked." I said.
"He was thrown into a tree, anything could have happened then."
"Not possible."
"But, it's impossible."
"When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, no matter however improbable must be the truth." I growled.
"Okay, one mistake." Leo said throwing his hands up.
I looked at Jordan and he nodded.
He put a hand on Leo's shoulder.
"Your just giving up?" Leo asked.
"No, I'm accepting that she's right, and it was not just one mistake."
"What do you mean?"
"I mean that wasn't the only mistake."
"Well, tell her what your problem is." Leo cried, throwing his hands in the air.
Jordan hesitated. "Maybe."

Out of the corner of my eye, I saw Bianca disappearing into the woods.
I returned to my focus back to the twins.
"Are you going to tell me?" I asked Jordan.
"Maybe later on." He said.
"Okay, cool, well then, in that cause, I gotta go, so see ya soon." I said in a rush before following Bianca into the woods.

~~~

I was following Bianca, who was delving deeper into the woods, when I realise that I had my own stalker.
Oliver.
I sighed, before climbing a tree, to get rid of him, however Bianca wasn't the world's fastest person, and Oliver knew nothing of stalking. So, I was have a bit of a problem, because I had a hunch where Bianca was going, or meeting, and I had Oliver, who Bianca wouldn't want around, following me, so was also following Bianca unknowingly.
At this moment Bianca had come to a stream, where there was a guy standing on the other side.
He had jet black hair, and blue eyes, from where I could see he was about 6'2 and had a rose behind his back. So in all, he looked perfect for Bianca.
However, I couldn't being to spy on them until I got Oliver out of the way.
I backtracked, making sure Oliver didn't see me, which was difficult considering he knew I was in the trees.
So I climbed down.
Thankful to have my feet on the ground I went around Oliver, before tackling him from behind.
"What the? You!" Was the last thing Oliver said before blacking out.

~~~

I stayed behind a bush watching Bianca and Ian, because I'm not creepy or anything.
Everything, for once, was going smoothly until Oliver decided to wake form his slumber.
"What are you doing?" He said angrily. However, it sounded like "ahh ah ah ahah." Since with was gagged with spare bandages.
"Shush." I said.
"Ah-" he started before I punched him.
The noise must have been picked up by Ian, who was now standing protectively in front of Bianca.
"Who's there?" He whisper shouted.
I turned to Oliver and started untying is wrists, which were also bound.
"You are going to go over there and break off what ever the heck you and Bianca have." I whispered.
He gave me a look like, 'why?' As I took his gag off.
"Because I said so, and it's the better option, trust me." I whispered rustling the bush.
Oliver glared at me.
'Trust me.' I mouthed.
With a final glare, he reluctantly got up.
"Oliver?" I heard Bianca asked.
"The jerk?" Ian said.
Through the thick leaves I saw Bianca give a quick nod, and Ian prepared to fight, growling lowly.
"Wait, wait." Oliver said, raising his hands.
See this was my cue to move, I shifted, and started 'commando crawling' slowly under the shrubbery.
"Sav's here too." He said, as I cringed at the use of my old nickname by him.
I stopped to watch the next moment to unfold.
Bianca moved slowly out from behind Ian, as Ian gave a disapproving look to Bianca. Who just shrugged it off. Oliver showed her the bush, which held no trace of me.
Once looking at the bush himself, Oliver realised his mistake. Grabbed Bianca by the arm. I tensed up, which brought Ian's attention to me.
Through our silent conversation, a mutual treaty was signed.
Bianca.
"I want to break up with you." Oliver whispered, and I relaxed moving on my way, nodding to Ian as I moved out of sight and into the sea of leaves.

~~~

"Who's my favourite sister?" Bianca said sliding down next to me.
I put down my squirrel, which I was touching up.
"Bianca, I'm your only sister." I said, raising my eyebrows.
"Well, now your my favourite sister."
"Oh, yeah, what changed?"
"Ian, told me you guys talked."
"Talked?"
"Or something."
"I've never talked to Ian."
"What, you weren't in the woods."
"No, I've been here since training."
"No, you haven't, you went for a walk in the woods." Jordan said sitting down opposite me.
"Oh, hi, person who just blew my cover." I said flatly.
"Oh, sorry, person who just lied to their sister." He said mocking me.
"Are you here to mock me? Or do you want my services in anyway?" I ask.
"Yeah, I'm gonna tell you the," he hesitated, "thing."
"Oh, cool, shall I meet you in your room in 5?" I asked.
"Your room."
I raised an eyebrow.
"Don't ask." He said standing up, patting me on the head, before leaving.
"So why am I your favourite sister again?" I asked Bianca, turning to her.
"Because, you never lie to me." She replied sweetly.
"About that." I said, nodding.
She looked at me expectantly.
"I saw you go into the forest, then Oliver saw me go into the forest, so I got him to break it off with you."
"Did you gag him?"
"No." I said looking at a spot on the table. "Why would you ever think that."
I looked back at her.
She was doing the look.
"I didn't want him to screw any thing up."
"And he didn't."
"That's because I knocked him out, gagged him and threatened him." I paused. "That sounded better in my head." I pointed out.
"Well, what ever you did it worked, and I want to say thank you."
"Well, that wasn't the reply I was expecting." I said.
"I just wanted to know it was you, I would have to give Oliver the praise for helping me." She said standing up, waving some papers in the air.
"Ian's wants to join our pack so I have paperwork to fill out and a stubborn person to persuade."
"Good luck." I said.
"And good luck with Jordan."
"I'm sure it won't be needed."

~~~

"Alrighty, what seem to be the problem patient?" I asked as I walked into my room.
"Okay, I've had problems seeing." He said.
"Like, everything's blurry?" I asked.
"Yeah, but everything's blurry, not just things that are close up, or far away."
"What do you mean?" I asked politely.
"Something are blurry and others aren't, but it's not just up close or far away objects."
"Anything else?" I asked.
"Sometimes it's only part of an object."
I nodded.
"Can look?" I asked holding up a torch.
"Sure." He said, and I looked in both of his eyes, with a torch.
"Okay," I said getting to eye level with him, and standing in front of me, "I want you to keep your eyes focused on mine, got in."
"Yep."
"How many fingers am I holding up?" I asked, holding four fingering in between.
"Uh, five?" He guessed.
"Okay how about now?" I asked holding one to the left.
"One."
"And now?" Holding three to the right.
"Three."
"Okay, I think you have astigmatism, let's go to the hospital." I said standing up straight.

We walked into the hospital.
"What's astigmatism?"
"It's when somethings are blurry and others are not, and it doesn't matter if it's close or far away."
He nodded.
"Basically what you described to me early."
"Right, can you fix it?"
"Hopefully."
"And that means?" He asked uncertainly.
"If the hospital have a spare pair of glasses, that work for you."
"And if not?"
"You won't be fighting at all."
He stop. "What? Why?"
"Jordan, fighting is like driving, you have bad eye sight, your not allowed to fight, you'll just increase your likely hood to die."
"But I can't fight we glasses, no body does."
"Contact lens."
"Good."
We walked into the lens cupboard.
"Okay, your just going to try on a bunch of glasses, don't care about what they look like, since you'll just be wearing contacts, cool?"
"Cool."
Hours went by and we only had 10 left to try on, that might actually work, and Jordan was freaking out.
"Stop freaking out, just try this." I said, hoping that it would be, at the very least, close to fixing the problem.
"Actually this is quite good." He said.
"Fingers?" I asked, holding up two and a half.
"Two, and a half."
I changed to zero.
"None."
Five.
"Five."
"Wrong." I said cheekily.
"It's five, see one, two, three, four, five."
"There's only four fingers." I said stressing the word fingers, grinning.
"Oh, ha ha." Jordan said dryly.
I grabbed a box of contact lens of the same lens.
"Here, you go, have a go at putting them in tonight, and welcome to the front lines."
We walked out of the hospital and ran into Bianca and Scarlett.
"Come on." They shouted, dragging me away from Jordan.
"What?"
"We have been looking for you everywhere."
"And?"
"You're not ready."
"Ready for what?"
***********************
HELLO EARTHLINGS!
Just a quick update :)
Thank you all so much on the 30k reads.
And the 1k votes, it's really appreciated :)
And drum roll please...
This book is the 967th book under werewolf!
So just thank you all :)
Vote. Comment. Just keep swimming.
-Fox