CHAPTER TWO

My mom's mini van started to growl beneath me. I took one last look at my old house. It was white, clean, and ordinary. I'm going to miss it so much. I'm going to miss everything about Orange County. The glam, the clean neighborhoods, the expensive shopping malls, even the mean girls who get everything they want.

I spent my last day here with my best friends. I dont really fit into any "clique." Come to think of it, I hate the whole idea of "cliques". Me and my friends are all very plain and simple. We went to the mall and I bought more sundresses.

Yes, I'm a total girly-girl. I love dresses, skirts, cute blouses, and ballet shoes. My long brown hair is always in a side braid and I NEVER wear eye makeup. I hate eye makeup. I mean, a little eye shadow is okay for special ocassions, but you wouldnt catch me dead in liquid eyeliner. The only makeup I ever wear is a little but of blush. Maybe some mascara, but it depends. I always try my best to look my best. Not really for anyone in specific, but I just think appearance and poise are some of the most important components of someone's personality.

"Goodbye Orange County..." My brother whined beside me. I rolled my eyes.

"Oh c'mon Steven, give Las Vegas a chance!" My mother smiled. I smiled back at her, because I, unlike my brother, am willing to give moving a chance. I spent the next 4 hand a half hours drawing and listening to music.

...

I was jolted awake by the voices of my parents. "We're here!" my father cheered. I looked at my phone clock. It was 8:30 pm. I must've fallen asleep in the car. I looked out my window to see the faint outline of a house. It was about the size of my old one, bigger than the average home, and it was a light blue-ish color. "Pretty." I commented as i stepped out of the car. Instantly I was drawn back by how hot and dry it was outside. I totally forgot, I live in the desert now. Good thing my wardrobe consists of dresses and skirts. I followed my mother inside while my father and brother unloaded what was in the mini van. The moving truck was on it's way.

My mother opened the front door and we were greeted by a big living room, a 16-step stair case and a grand dining room. "Wow," I breathed. It was a really fancy living room, which is what I was used to. I followed my mother to the big kitchen and guest room. It was all very nice and posh, i liked it. I walked up the staircase to see 4 more bedrooms. A master suite (for my parents) and 3 other medium sized rooms. Since I am 5 years older than my brother, I get first pick on rooms. I settled in with the front bedroom. It was big and spacious, with a front window that looked out to the desert mountains and moonlit sky. There was already a bed set up, and the walls were painted a faint blue. Just the way I wanted it.

I spent the next hour unpacking a little bit and getting ready for school. Oh gosh. I have to start school tomorrow. I know I'm ready, but I'm still very nervous. I ended up settling into bed around 10:30pm, a whole hour later than usual.

---------------
AN: literally i look back on this and i cringe i promise my writting gets better sofksofkskdkakfk