Forty: Why

Sydney

"Sydney!" Someone's cry broke my blanket of sleep.

The next thing I knew whatever I was sleeping on was gone and I was falling. There was a growl before big arms caught me saving me from tumbling into the ground.

"Sydney!" The person holding me sounded.

"Stop!" I complained exhaustingly. "I'm sleeping," I whispered into the person holding me.

"Syd, open your eyes." The voice pleaded.

One of my eyes popped open to see none other than my big brother Aaron.

"Aaron!" I shouted throwing my arms around my big brother.

His hair was not black like the last time I had seen him, but back to his natural blonde. Or close to it at least. Pulling back I also noticed that all of his dark attire was gone too. He was wearing his normal faded jeans along with his converse and dark red Aerospatiale shirt.

"Jesus Christ Sydney! You scared the fuck out of Mom and I. And I swear the second I find this sick fucko, I am going to kill him with my bare hands."

Pulling away from my big brother I looked for someone to explain to me how much they knew.

"I told them everything," Jay watched the interaction coldly. His arms crossed his wide chest.

Before I could say anything I was wrapped in a new pair of thin slender arms.

I immediately knew it was my mother.

"Sydney, my precious little girl. Let me see you. Are you hurt? Did he assault you in any way shape or form? Did he-"

"Mom, it's alright. I'm okay. Elliot saved me before anything could happen." I looked over to Elliot standing shy and respectfully by the car taking in the scene.

My mother bellowed before letting me go and taking him in a huge hug.

Terrence and Jay started to growl while Elliot simply looked shocked.

He gingerly and awkwardly hugged my sobbing mother back.

"Thank you so much for saving my baby girl!"

"I would never let any harm come to Sydney. I would give her my life, Ma'am." Elliot ended off softly.

Before anyone could respond to that Mat and Ash came out running at me.

Mat engulfed me in his arms spinning me around after picking me off the ground.

"I swear to god Sydney, you go missing on us like that again I'll hunt you down."

"Wouldn't have it any other way Matty." I joked with my best friend.

"Now let's go inside, you have some explaining to do." Mat said like an additional protective and pissed off brother.

Looking at Elliot I knew this was going to be a long talk.

☽✣☾

"Wait so you're telling me that Logan was the reason why his mate got killed?" Terrence asked finally.

After Elliot and I finished explaining what Elliot had just told me hours before everyone was in a state of shock. My mother covered her mouth in disbelief, my brother and the guys looked pissed, Jay's parents and Jaci were in a state of shock, and lastly, Jay-Jay was expressionless. Or at least he was fighting to be. Somewhere I could see shock and concern struggle to the surface.

At least I think I did.

Something about it got under my skin and sent shivers to my back.

"Yes," Elliot answered simply disgraced of what his brother had done.