Chapter 36

We stayed in our spot throughout the evening, taking breaks to again wander the vendor booths and grab a few things for dinner, including the corn dog and churro that Luke had wanted earlier in the day before finishing out the night, in awe of the musicians that were playing the closing shows of the evening. It didn't take long to get rid of our trash and pick up things to head home again. I sighed softly. "I don't wanna walk." I whined as Victor shouldered my bag and both he and Luke took a hand as we started to walk.

"Too bad, Princess." Victor smiled at me. "It's not too far to get to where we parked."

I wrinkled my nose. "I guess."

"I can give you a piggy back ride if you want." Luke said.

I beamed. "Okay." I nodded and he paused by a picnic table. I climbed up on the bench and he grabbed me under the legs, my legs wrapping around his waist as I wrapped my arms around his shoulders. "Perfect." I said, kissing the back of his head before nuzzling my head in close to his as he carried me. "I'm not too heavy, right?"

"That's a loaded question if I ever heard one." Victor laughed. "Careful how you answer that one." He cautioned Luke.

Luke laughed and shrugged slightly. "Naw, wouldn't have offered to give you the ride if I thought you were heavy." He said. "Besides, we've done things like this before." He reminded me and I smiled. "It's not like I've been carrying you all day."

"And we're away from cameras that would have North redlining you for carrying me for no reason." I said.

They both laughed and we paused to purchase last minute bottles of water for the drive home before we continued out to where Victor had parked. I made Luke pause by Victor before we went around to the other side and I bent down and kissed him lightly. "Thank you for a wonderful day." I said.

Victor smiled and kissed me back. "You're welcome." He said before unlocking the doors.

Luke took me around to the other side of the car and put me down, stealing kiss of his own. "Thank you for thinking of bringing me with you."

I giggled. "You're welcome." I said before we all got into the car and buckled up. I took a long sip of my water and put it in the cup holder. "Brunch tomorrow." I yawned and stretched.

"Yes. At Dr. Green's tomorrow." Victor nodded as he started the car.

My eyes opened wide. "Is he ordering in?" I asked.

Luke laughed. "No, North's going to cook. So probably no pancakes tomorrow. You did tell him he could cook what he wants." He reminded me.

"Right." I nodded. "It's okay. We ate a lot of great things today that no pancakes tomorrow will be fine."

Luke chuckled. "I guess." He said as Victor started to drive out of the parking spot and join in traffic trying to exit the area. "If you say so, Cupcake."

I smiled. "I do say so, Sugar." I said before settling into my seat, head leaning against the window as I watched out for people joining the long line of cars.

Victor glanced at me and then at Luke in the rear view mirror. "Text that we'll see them all tomorrow." He said. "I think it will be best if we just go crash at my house." He said. "It's closest and by the time we get there, it'll be pretty late."

Luke nodded. "Sounds like a good idea to me." He said, pulling out his phone and sending out the text to everyone. My phone buzzed in my pocket and I ignored it since we were in the car together.

I adjusted the air condition vents on me and closed my eyes with a soft sigh, falling asleep to the sound of Victor and Luke talking about the day as some soft jazz music played on the radio. I didn't know anything else until Victor gently shook me awake in his bedroom. "Princess... just wake up enough to change for bed, okay?" he peered into my barely open eyes.

"Mkay." I mostly grunted out in response before he left the room and a pair of pj's next to me on the bed. I cracked my eyes open a little wider and smiled slightly. It was a pair of cupcake printed sleep shorts and a black tank with a treble clef printed on it that said 'I'm Treble'. I smiled slightly and shimmied out of my clothes and underwear before changing quickly into the nightclothes. I flopped back down on the middle of the bed, asleep again before I could do anything more than get my head on the pillow.