Sixty

Hamaraa birthday celebration khatham ho Gaya and that's what The Happy Page had to say :) Coincidence !!

Everyone except the gang left directly from the venue, while they drove back home.

"It was an amazing day" Arya said sitting on the minion bed.

"Indeed! Manik yaar..I must say! Your planning was commendable" Cabir said. 

Nandini went to her room directly without talking to anyone, Manik noticed this and followed her. The door was not completely closed. She took out her parents' photo from the cupboard and sat on the bed holding it.

"Pappa, mummy.... You must have known by now, how happy I am! It was like a dream day. Ithna sab kuch for my birthday.. I never imagined. Mein bohoth khush hoon aaj. I wish you could see how happy Manik keeps me, how he cares for me. he's just like you pappa. Chupchap mere saare tantrums bear kartha hain, aur mummy patha hain, he makes sure that I never skip a meal in my day.. bilkul tumhaari tarah.. Hoon na mein lucky?" she said looking at the photo.

"Nai aunty.. Is se zyaadha toh mein lucky hoon" Manik said slowly walking inside and sat next to her. He took the photo from her hand, and now he started talking, "Aap bhi agree karoge na, ki mein zyaadha lucky hoon, to have your daughter? Aur aunty meine kuch nai kiya, I just did what I was supposed to do. It's my responsibility to make her every day special, aur birthday toh even more special. Toh meine bas wahee kiya, aap iskee baathein math suniye". He looked at her after speaking.

She was smiling but trying hard to control her tears.

"Let it out" he said putting the frame on the bed, and that's it for her. She started crying badly. He immediately took her in a hug.

"Waise Birhday ke dhin ronaa allowed hain... its normal for just born babies to cry... toh aaj mein tumhe nai rokunga. In fact if you stop crying, I'll make you cry more... tumhe patha hain kyun?" he asked. She nodded her head in negative.

"Kyun ki.. when babies are born, they are supposed to crry aur agar who roye nai, toh they get spat so that they cry, ya phir 3 idiots movie ki tarah, I will say aal izz well aal izz well.. Better idea na" he said, and she smiled.

"Manik tum paagal ho" she said.

"Aur tum kya ho?" he asked.

"mein achi bachi" she replied.

"Achha ji..." he mocked.

"Haan ji" she replied.

"Mummy pappa ki yaadh aa rahi thi?"' he asked. She nodded her head in positive.

"Nandini I already told you, unhe yaadh karke if you cry, they'll feel bad ki unhone tumhe rulaaya aur wohhh bhi birthday ke dhin" he said.

"par abhi tum bol rahe the ki it's fine to cry on birthdays" she questioned him.

"wohh..wohh toh meine aese hi bola, to make you smile and by the way you smiled too" he said.

"If you are with me, then I will never lose this smile" she replied and kissed his cheek.

"Wow! Nice reward for making you smile. What will I get if I make you laugh?" he asked and leaned closer to her lips.

"This" she said and palmed his lips.

"Nandini you are back to this business, yaar this is cheating.. abhi ithna sab kuch kiya choti si reward toh banthi hain na" he asked with a pout.

She immediately pecked his pout.