Surprise Date (Devin Booker) -Darilyn-

This one's for paintedocean ! I hope you enjoy it (: I love your name so much by the way!

-Darilyn's POV-

As soon as I came home from work, I collapsed on my couch. It was such a tough day.

Customers can be so rude sometimes when you're a cashier. I told the woman I couldn't apply some coupon codes because the machine wasn't letting me, and she started screaming at me. And then my manager got mad at me.

It really sucks. Sometimes I just wish I could take a year long break from work.

My phone rang, and as soon as I looked at who was calling, a smile appeared on my face.

It was my boyfriend, Devin Booker. He's currently off playing for the Phoenix Suns. I really miss him, as I haven't seen him for almost a month now. Long distance sucks.

I answered the phone,"Hey babe." "Hey Darilyn. I just wanted to check up on you. How are you baby?"he asked. I smiled a bit at his sweetness.

"I could be better,"I sighed. Devin questioned,"Why?" "Just stuff going on at work,"I mumbled.

Devin said,"I'm really sorry to hear that. Wish I was there with you." "Yeah, that would really help,"I replied.

"You should just step outside for a few minutes. Take in some fresh air,"he advised. I agreed,"You're right. I'm just going to go for a walk."

"Okay. See you later Darilyn,"Devin said. "Bye,"I responded before hanging up.

I grabbed my coat and put it on before opening the front door.

There stood Devin.

Tears filled my eyes. Devin chuckled as I jumped onto him. I hugged him and exclaimed,"I missed you so much." "I missed you too, baby,"he replied, putting me down. He leaned in and kissed me. I smiled, pulling away.

"Why didn't you tell me you were coming?"I asked, lightly hitting his chest. "It's called a surprise,"he answered sarcastically. I rolled my eyes before laughing.

"I'm so happy you're here,"I said, hugging him once again. He kissed my forehead. "I'm glad I can kiss you again,"he said, making me laugh.

"Come in,"I invited him into the house. "No, I have something planned. Come with me,"Devin grinned. I asked,"Right now?" "Yup, let's go,"he said, taking my hand.

I hesitated for a second, but then agreed to go with Devin. I mean, why not?

In the car, I wondered,"Where are we going?" "The zoo,"he answered, grinning. I squealed,"Oh my god, yes! I love animals so much!" "I know. That's why I picked that place,"he chuckled.

Once we got to the zoo, I was so excited. Devin had to calm me down because I got so happy.

I ran up to some monkeys, pointed at one, and exclaimed,"Devin, it's your twin!" Devin denied,"Nah. Pretty sure it's your twin." "Shut up. It's you and you know it,"I responded.

I insisted that Devin and I go feed some giraffes. He happily agreed, seeing how excited I was. What a great boyfriend I have.

The zookeeper gave us some leaves to feed the giraffes. As I fed one of the baby giraffes, Devin snapped a quick picture on my phone. "Devin, I wasn't looking at the camera!"I exclaimed. He chuckled,"It's fine! You look super cute." I couldn't help but smile.

Right then, a huge giraffe leaned over Devin, and spit right on his head. I burst out laughing. Devin pulled a face of disgust. "Are you serious?"he groaned. Devin ran off to go clean the giraffe spit out of his hair while I continued feeding giraffes.

When he came back, we walked around the zoo for a bit longer before getting some ice cream and sitting down.

"I love how this isn't the typical date,"I commented, looking around. We were sitting near the hippo section of the zoo.

"Well we don't really have the typical relationship either,"he shrugged. I nodded in agreement. "That is true."

"Darilyn, I love you so much. I'm so glad you decided to give me a chance at being your boyfriend,"Devin said, taking my hands into his.

I replied,"I love you too. And thank you for never breaking my trust. I know how many girls are in love with you, but you still choose to be faithful to me."

"Hey, you're the love of my life. I'm not going to do something stupid that could jeopardize our relationship. Lord knows I can't live without you,"he replied. I laughed and said,"Yeah, you wouldn't be very happy without me." Devin chuckled, shaking his head. "That is true, Darilyn."

"How long are you going to be here with me before returning to play basketball?"I suddenly asked Devin. He answered,"I'm leaving tomorrow. I have to."

I pouted and inquired,"Can't you stay a little longer?" "Unfortunately, no. So let's get on to the next activity I have planned for the day,"Devin announced, standing up. "There's another one?"I asked. He just winked in response.

In the car, Devin told me,"We're going to a mini golf place." "I'm going to kill you in mini golf. I'm really good at it,"I confidently said. He laughed,"We'll see."

I did end up beating Devin. He claimed he let me win, but I think we all know he was lying. Nice try Devin.

It was starting to get dark outside as the night took over.

Devin insisted on watching a movie at the theatres as part of our huge surprise date.

We were really into the movie at first, but it slowly just turned into a steamy make out session in the back of the theatre. Oops.

Once the movie was over, Devin took me out to dinner.

As we sat at the fancy table with our food, I admitted,"Devin, I have to give it to you. You really outdid yourself today." He smiled,"Anything for my baby girl."

"You know you don't have to do these huge things for me. I'm fine with a cuddle session at home,"I insisted. "Yeah, but I want to spoil you. You're my girl, Darilyn. Why not give you everything I can in the world?" I bit my lip. "Don't stress, babe. It's all good,"Devin assured.

I said,"I love you so so much." "And I love you so much more,"he replied before leaning over the table to kiss me.