Babysitters || Jamal, Andre & Hakeem

This prompt is based on the season two finale of Empire. After Jamal gets shot we see Andre and Hakeem taking care of him. Though Jamal later dismisses them and tells them to stop being his babysitters. However, I thought this would be a cute look into Andre and Hakeem "babysitting" Jamal.

+++

The credits for orange is the new black began to roll, the last episode for season two ended and Jamal was as bored as ever. Boredom was to be expected though, especially when you could hardly move. He needed something to do. Something that wasn't sulking all day in his pajamas and a hospital wheel chair. Jamal reached for the television remote in front of him on the coffee table.

"Almost got it, almost got it.."

He strained to reach but it was no use. Frustration and agitation began to take over. He sat back in the chair and prepared to unlock his wheels.

"I got it," Andre appeared from behind him and scooped the remote up in one swift second. He handed it to his younger brother with a smirk.

Jamal glared back at Andre while snatching the remote back, "Show off." He pressed the power button and the tv went black.

"So what?" Andre shrugged, "You're just gonna stare at the wall for the rest of the day?"

Jamal huffed to himself, loudly. His behavior was that of a little kid's. Hakeem hearing this as he entered the room. "What's wrong with the patient?" He teased.

"The patient," Jamal emphasized, "is bored."

"Whatchu wanna do?"

"I wanna-"

Jamal's growling stomach spoke for him before he could finish his sentence. Jamal's face turned red with embarrassment.

"Sounds like you wanna eat." Hakeem laughed and Andre joined in.

"How about I whip something up for you?" Andre asked as he nudged Jamal, knowing that would make his brother happy.

Jamal's face melted into a small smile. "Hmm, well I guess a plate of that lasagna you know how to make wouldn't be so bad."

"Ah," Andre ran his hand through Jamal's curly hair, "that's what I like to hear. I'll go start on it now." Andre began to walk off.

"Hol'up!" Hakeem raced after him, smiling from ear to ear, "I wanna help make it too!"

"Can you even cook?" Andre asked as he turned back to face his youngest brother with a chuckle.

"Yeah man, of course!"

Jamal shook his head, chuckling at his brother, "Nah man, he said can you cook, not can you order off the take out menu."

"Haha, very funny." Hakeem shot back, "But I can cook! Laura's been teaching me." Hakeem grinned at the mention of Laura.

Andre nodded, "Alright, fine."

Jamal watched his two brothers exit the room and go to the kitchen. He decided that while his brothers worked on the food, he would take a nap.

He rolled himself over to the couch, pushed himself out of the chair and landed on top of the couch. Jamal snuggled under his robe, then closed his eyes and fell asleep.

...

When Jamal woke up twenty minutes later, he immediately fell in love with the scent of something delicious coming from the kitchen.

His brothers were no where to be seen, so he carefully got back into his wheel chair and wheeled himself to the kitchen.

The kitchen was a mess. There was marinara sauce all over the walls, the counter. Pasta was on the floor and all the garlic and other seasonings were everywhere else.

"What the hell happened in here?"

"There you are!" Hakeem exclaimed as he grabbed Jamal's wheel chair handles and wheeled him into the dining room.

"I'm guessing we're not eating lasagna."

"Nope!"

When Jamal and Hakeem entered the room, Andre was opening two boxes of pizza with another one set to the side just in case.

"Apparently Laura was teaching him how to cook," Andre explained, "but he wasn't paying attention."

Jamal laughed while Hakeem took a seat at the table, rolling his eyes.

"Anyway," Andre walked over to Jamal and wrapped a napkin around his neck.

Jamal's brows furrowed, "Is.. is this a bib? I ain't no child."

" 'Course not," Andre smirked as he took a seat, "now eat up little brother or else you won't get any dessert."

"We got ice creeeaaaam!" Hakeem sang.

Jamal rolled his eyes as he grabbed a piece of pizza.

"Somebody's grumpy!" Hakeem snickered, "Wait until bath time, you'll feel better. We got you some bath toys."

"I'm 26, not 6," Jamal stated, "y'all are not my babysitters."

Andre chuckled, he patted the top of Jamal's curly hair, "We beg to differ."