Chapter 1: Masks, Sex, and Pranks

A/N: WOW, OVER 500 READS! THAT'S FANTASTIC! Honestly thank you soo much for all the comments they made me laugh and happy. I made sure to reply to all of them, but if I missed one I just want to say thank you for the support and for sharing your opinion! Love you all sooo much. ENJOY THE FIRST CHAPTER OF ABWTD!

***

Feel free to point out any spelling, grammar, or spacing errors. I would really appreciate it and will fix them right away :)

***

Chapter 1: Masks, Sex, and Pranks

"Are you sure about this mom?" I ask as we make our way into the airport.

"Yes," she smiles, "I think this is a great idea."

"I can stay," I stop walking "to be with you and dad. I wasn't the only one who suffered a loss, we all lost someone."

Six months ago my older sister Lilo passed away in a car accident. A drunk driver crashed into her and she was declared brain dead at the hospital. We decided, well my parents decided, to pull the plug two months later to allow my sister to finally rest in peace. It hadn't hit me that my sister was dead until she finally stopped breathing and I was crushed. We did everything together and suddenly she was gone and I had no one to fight or go shopping with.

So my parents decided I needed to get away from everything and everyone that somehow reminded me of my dead sister, which is why we're at the airport.

I'm going to California to a small town called Woodale where there is only one high school, Woodale High school. Not only that, but my parents are making me live in one of my dad's old college friend's house and attend a support group for students.

All of this one week before my senior year of high school.

I know, I know, you're all wondering; why did you accept all of this?

For three simple reasons.

1. I think my parents need some space to grieve alone.

2. Everyone at school, in my neighborhood, and even in my family looks at me like I'm some sad abandoned puppy or a poor little broken toy.

3. The student support group is anonymous.

"Elliana Bair," my mom hugs me. "You're always so worried about others that sometimes you forget to worry about yourself. Your dad and I will be fine."

"I just don't want anything to happen while I'm gone," I frown.

"We will be fine," my mom insists. "Now go get on that plane."

"I'll call you," I say and I start to walk away towards my designated waiting room.

"You better," my mom says sternly " and don't do stupid stuff like have sex with strangers."

"Mom," I exclaim noticing that people walking by have begun to giggle.

"What," she says "and if some guy does want to wrestle at least remind him to always wear a mask."

"Mom," I blush furiously and turn around to walk away faster before she can say anything else. 

***

"This is the house," the taxi driver says stopping in front of a gray two-story house.

"Thank you," I smile before paying him and taking my luggage out from the trunk.

I stand outside on the sidewalk staring at the house pleased. It's a simple nice normal looking house, which is great.