Naive...?

"Hey, Garp, when are they going to give me my acceptance letter?" A young (Y/N) asked the Vice Admiral with a frown.

The man looked down at you with a furrow in his brow, but quickly gave you a pat on the head with a large teasing grin.

"Wahaha! You sure are impatient are you? Don't worry, it'll come soon. Now get back to your training." The old man then turned his gaze upwards, seeming to drop the subject from his dismissal towards you.

Your frown deepened.

"But Smobaka already got his! And we turned it in at the same time!"

Garp moved his gaze back towards you and then gave a low sigh, kneeling to your level as he put a hand to your shoulder.

"Listen, (Y/N). Don't worry about it alright? They'll give it to you soon." A grin then appeared on his face.

"And besides, from the amount of endurance and strength you showed them in your test, what kind of idiot wouldn't accept you?"

Your frown disappeared as you puffed up your chest.

"A big one."

Garp laughed and stood up, giving you a small noogie to your head as you yelled in protest.

"Hey! Stop it old man!"

A fist met your head as you clutched it in pain.

"Ow!"

"I told you to stop calling me that!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"If it weren't for Garp the Hero, you wouldn't have even gotten close to being a marine Silver Blood...!"

You clenched your eyes tightly at the memory, a hand coming to your face to rub it.

"The only reason you were sent to the special Cipher Pol unit was to watch you...!"

What did the majority of your life mean?

You went back to your six year old self, who constantly cried out that you would be the strongest woman marine in the world. Heck, possibly the strongest. Who wanted to prove to the citizens of Loguetown that you weren't just a daughter of a famous pirate. Who wanted to be someone more. Who wanted to show everybody that has ever mocked or bullied you, even calling you a demon, that you will become someone who was supposed to protect. Smoker made the pain lessen, but it never went away. He made everything better...your first Nakama.

Your hand then reached to grab your cap, only to freeze.

Garp personally trained you. Helped you with the application that took too long for your impatient younger self. But nonetheless got it. And had the chance to be on his ship the majority of your life being a marine before CP9.

'Do I...Did I even get this myself?' You gritted your teeth. Did you even get this cap with your own effort? Did you get this from how you proved yourself to be strong and loyal to the marines? Proved to them your determination? What is this treasure to you if you didn't even earn it?!

You were confused.

You didn't know how to feel about the cap on your head that you treasured your whole life. What were you supposed to feel? You were questioning everything you thought you did with your own bare hands was actually because of Garp. What did you do? Even this sword made from your father on your back was basically handed to you. Was that Garp's influence as well?