Bolin

[A/N]: I'm always later than I'd like to be in getting back to people on here, but either way, here is a Bolin X Reader story for Emyson_original_Blue. It involves you (the reader), and Bolin (evidently). It takes place after the events of the final season have occurred. I wrote it in the early morning so it may have some errors present. This is the unedited version. I still wanted to go ahead and publish it since I'll be busy for like a month and don't know when I'll have time to extensively edit it. Anyway, Bolin hasn't been acting like his usual happy self, and you end up finding out why, in addition to finding a kindred spirit in him. I hope you enjoy this story.(≧∇≦)

One update: This one was written a whiiillleee ago, so it will not be as good as the others. Just wanted to give everyone a heads up. Thanks again for reading my lame stuff. ٩(◕‿◕。)۶

____________________
"Probending?" You raised an eyebrow as you looked at your friend, a little nervous about asking her more than what she had already explained. "I didn't know you still were into that."

"Are you kidding, [Y/N]?" She let out a laugh. "My girlfriend was the champion a few years back, remember?"

"Of course, Asami, how could I not remember? She's the Avatar." You looked around the the expansive atrium of your childhood best friend's house. It was odd not having her father there. Well, a lot had changed since you'd come back from completing your training in the Earth Kingdom. You'd always wanted to be a firebender; you wanted to be able to shoot lightning from your fingertips and feel the energy shoot through your veins. The spirits had other plans, though. You ended up an earthbender, like your gran gran. You supposed it skipped a generation. You never dared mentioned your disappointment around the Satos, though. You didn't want to seem ungrateful. A firebender had killed Asami's mother.

"So are you saying she's rejoining a team? What's the idea? Are we going to a match?" You tried to seem excited. Asami didn't buy it. She laughed a bit and rolled her eyes.

"No, no ones joining a team, especially Korra. We just thought it'd be fun to go see a match with some old friends."

"Old friends?" You smirked. "I didn't know you had any friends older than me."

She laid a hand on your shoulder and squeezed it. "You're still the oldest. We were practically newborns when we became friends."

"Yeah and your father almost had a stroke when I broke half the driveway during my birthday party."

"Well, you were a natural driver." She smiled again. "Once you let go of your fear a bit. You took half the ground with you on one turn."

"I value stability."

"Spoken like a true earthbender." You again felt a surge of upset. You wanted more than the ability to move rocks. You wanted to learn a new kind of earthbending. You never could learn to metalbend, no matter how hard you tried. You hated that. You had trained under some of the best, those who knew the Beifong family. If they couldn't wrench the ability out of you, no one could. It was starting to look like all you could do was move rocks and dirt around, nothing special, not like Asami: the heiress, or her friends, the Avatar, a firebending champion and his brother, and their new band of airbenders. It looks like Avatar Aang wasn't the last one after all.

"Thanks." You replied. "You know, I've never formally met anyone but Korra."

"Really?" Asami blinked. She looked genuinely surprised. "I could've sworn I introduced you to Mako and Bolin before."

"Bolin?" You asked with more interest than before.

"Yeah. He's Mako's younger brother."

"I remember seeing Mako around. He's a firebender, right?"