Sixty Five || Of Course

SURPRISE UPDATE!

__________

I grab the phone from him and put it up to my ear, "Hello?" I ask.

"Vena, I need a favor, no questions asked," he says immediately.

I glance at James for a moment and then nod, even though he can't see me, "Okay."

~

~

I had to talk to Leah for a little while and try to convince her that Grayson cheating on her isn't the most terribly thing in the world. When this whole thing came about, I never would have thought that Grayson would ever get himself in this sort of situation. I mean Grayson has always been known as the "Good Boy" "The Nice Boy That Lives Down the Road" he has always been known as someone you could bring home to meet your parents. Now, I'm just not so sure.

Leah's sobs made my stomach twist. It's Christmas Day and she's at her parent's house crying in the bathroom. This is completely unfair to her.

Grayson needs a good slap across the face.

"I don't know what to do, Vena," she sniffles. "I want to forgive him, but I know that wouldn't be right."

"Give it some time, I say. I mean, this is his fault. He should have some suffering based off you've been going through."

She stops crying, "You're right, I'll just wait awhile until I feel better and then see how things go?" she says, but then comes out as a question.

"Yes, Leah. That is a good idea," I reassure her as such as I can.

I hear her chuckles ever so lightly. Well, that's good. "Sorry, I need to make sure that this goes right."

I smile to myself, "It will, I promise. I'll get Grayson to lay off for a bit and then when you're ready, let me know."

"Okay, thank you Vena. My mother is calling me, I will talk to you later," she said and hung up immediately.

As it turned out, Grayson tried to push forgiveness on Leah and only made it worse. My God, is he ever a dumbass.

I was on the phone with Leah for about forty-five minutes and I know that has got to be getting soon to when James and I have to leave for his parents'.

As I walk down the stairs to find James, my mind wanders to if things have gone to hell down here. I didn't hear my Grandfather call James a hooligan today, maybe James is hiding from him. When I reached the bottom of the stairs. What I saw was defintely something I was not expecting, actually it is the very least of what I was expecting.

I watched as James had his hand on Alissa's stomach, Charley's wife.

It made me smile because of that fact that he isn't repulsed of pregnant women. I remember in high school there were these boys in a grade or two higher than me and one day some pregnant lady came in and they would get ten feet too close.

James smiled at her, "What is it?" he asks.

"A girl," Charley answers for her.

"Oh, my God! Did you feel that? She's kicking!" Alissa said with excitement.

She moved James's hand over to where the baby kicked last and a moment later James's facial expression goes to bewildered.

"That is incredible."

I placed my hand of James's shoulder, letting him know that I am here and he looks back. "Vena, feel this," he says.

I shake my head, "No, no, that's alright, I have plenty of times."