Chapter Twenty Two : Coming To Light

Ajani Turner

"You've been ignoring me for the passed ten minutes. Did you even look at the dress?" Yoli questioned breaking the trance I was in. I stared at the maroon colored dress on the screen and frowned shaking my head. Yoli closed the laptop and pouted giving up on looking at bridesmaid dresses over the Internet and I sighed.

"Gyal you want a beach wedding right? I'd recommend doing lighter colors and not going so dark, you want things to feel vibrant" I said and she rubbed her chin and took in my words while I picked up my phone that was on the charger and looked at some of the unread messages I had been ignoring all morning.

"You mean like maybe a peach color? I've always liked colors like that" she said and I nodded my head and typed out a message to Kemba. By the time I sat my phone back down and looked at Yoli she was already watching me.

"There's a lot on my mind right now and I'm trying not to stress out because I know things will come together soon at least I pray they will" I said mumbling the last part and Yoli seemed to grow an understanding.

"Let's do a spa day or something tomorrow, I'll make an appointment and you can relax. This is an exciting time for the both of us, I'm getting married and you're about to welcome another baby" she said attempting to cheer me up and I nodded my head.

"The appointment went good the baby is the size of a large plum now I think" I said and Yoli clasped her hands together still convinced I was having a gyal. Her phone began ringing and while she took the call I excused myself and went upstairs where Kaine was laying in the toddler bed taking a nap with Knox.

I snapped a picture on my phone before leaning down and kissing my husbands lips. Kaine stopped snoring and opened one of his eyes sleepily before he noticed how uncomfortable he was laying in the small bed with his legs hanging way off the foot of the bed.

He carefully shifted moving Knox over some and my son stirred in his sleep before he got comfortable again allowing his father to get up. Kaine tucked Knox in before he stretched his body out and we left out quietly leaving the sound machines playing to keep him asleep.

"How long was I like that? I don't even remember falling asleep with him" Kaine said letting out a groan as he stretched his body out some. He looked kinda pale and I felt his face and his forehead realizing how warm he was.

"Are you sick?" I questioned touching his neck with my palm. Before he could respond I grabbed his hand and pulled him into out bedroom making him take a seat on the bed while I got the thermometer.

"My throat feels sore, I'm cold and my head is throbbing" he said in a groggy voice as I stuck a thermometer in his mouth. He had this pitiful look on his face while we waited for it to beep but once it did I removed it from his mouth and looked at his temperature.

"Am I sick?" He questioned letting out a cough and I nodded my head. Kaine pulled the covers back and climbed into bed shivering some before pulling the covers on top of him and shut his eyes shivering some more.

"Go to the sound machine app on my phone and plug it into the speaker so I can try and go to sleep please" Kaine said and I agreed and grabbed his phone from the nightstand and unlocked it following his instructions.

I plugged it into the wall and set it to the fan noise before turning all the lights off and closing the blinds with the remote for him.