thirty six • war.

Two years. It had been two more miserable years of separation (well, not really according to some, but to others, it supposedly was).

There was a long silence as the door to the diner opened and a rocket launcher was dropped on the ground along with a torn bag. Maybe it was the redhead throwing himself at the small man in the form of a hug, or maybe it was the smaller man burying his face into the elder's chest, but it made even Kobra smile faintly.

"You're okay," Party murmured into Fun Ghoul's shoulder, shutting his eyes as the short man sat them both down and tried to comfortingly rub his boyfriend's back.

"I'm okay, and in one piece," he murmured, leaving out the whole 'I'm only home because I was shot twice' part of the story, but that wasn't something he needed to tell him just yet, but he was sure he'd be telling him sooner or later. "Got to see some pretty cool places, though. Outside here, the world's in fucking chaos trying not to submit. Japan was the only other place I went to that had complete control over everyone."

"You went to Japan?!"

"Mhmm. There were some rural places that were gorgeous and BLI hadn't touched them," Ghoul said with a faint smile, "I got this thing on my vest too that we all got when we were there."

"Can I ask what's up with your shoes?" Party asked, cocking an eyebrow as he looked at them.

"They're spats, and they're fucking awesome."

"Uh-huh, sure. What did you even do out there?"

There was some pause, then a shrug. "Demolition, mostly. Of course, I still fought with a gun and stuff, but I was on a demolition team, yeah. It was great."

Party nuzzled into Ghoul as he wrapped his arms back around the redhead, going quiet for a minute. "I'm just glad you're okay," he murmured. 

"Where else did you go?" Show Pony asked, still sitting in the booth next to the two. He didn't seem too phased by what was going on. 

Ghoul paused for a long minute. "Brazil was where we started, but after we went to England, Japan, and spent like a week in Russia." Flexing his arm again, for the third time since he'd come inside, Ghoul ruffled his hair and smiled. 

There was a long pause before he felt Hot Chimp's arms around him, though to their surprise the yelp (though that was surprising enough) was of pain and not of shock. The younger DJ immediately jumped off him, spluttering apologies as Ghoul adjusted his grip on his right arm. To the sight of this, the room had a series of mixed reactions; Kobra looked away prepared to gag, Show Pony left the room in a rush, Hot Chimp was just an apologetic wreck, Party's face was unreadable, and Doctor Death's expression was just annoyed.

However Jet Star just rolled his eyes and mumbled "I've seen worse" under his breath.

Though, the fact it looked like Ghoul's elbow had completely shattered wasn't exactly a great picture to any of them. The small man cleared his throat, pointing to his bag and watching Jet hunt around in it until he pulled out what could've resembled a slip-on brace. He handed it to Ghoul and took a step back.

"Yeah, look away if you haven't," he muttered. Holding the brace in his teeth, he pressed his thumb into the crook of his elbow and his other fingers over the outside and pushed, pulled, popped, and all manner of things that would make anyone other than Jet Star probably throw up until it appeared that the joint was functional again. Slipping the brace over it, he adjusted it to be on correctly. "Alright, horror show's over."

"What do you have in there to allow you to fix it like that?" Jet asked, sounding surprisingly interested in the fact that his arm was fucking wrecked.