The Room

The Room

"Why do we have to go can't we just stay here?" Clary asked moaning as Jace stopped kissing her and walked over to pick up his shirt. After Clary had 'fainted' and Jace had carried her out of the kitchen they had gone back to Jace's bedroom and started kissing as they had finished off before they had walked to the kitchen for Jace's birthday surprise.

"Because I want to show you something. Now go on go put get a shirt." Jace answered back impatiently striding around the bedroom. 

"Well why can't I just wear the one I wore earlier?" Clary asked.

"Fine. Here you go." Jace said lightly throwing his old shirt on the bed next to Clary.  Clary pulled the shirt over her head. It was too big for Clary but Jace didn't care.

"Wait here I'll be back in a minute." Jace said without waiting for her answer Jace left the room without so much as a glance back. Clary was left alone in Jace's bedroom. Clary couldn't remember the last time this had happened. She took the opportunity to look around. She went over to the dresser and opened the drawers the smell was overwhelming but familiar. 

"You know if you wanted advice on fashion you could have just asked." Jace said standing in the doorway.

"By the Angel Jace and you know if you wanted my perfume I could have bought you a bottle. How long have you been standing there?" Clary asked shocked.

"About ten minutes and I like the smell it reminds me of you and if you want you can have it back if you desperately need it." Jace said back.

"No I don't want it back you can keep it." Clary said.

"Anyway we have somewhere to go," Jace exclaimed and walked over to her cupped her head in his hands a kissed her. He grabbed her hand and pulled her out the room. "We have to be quiet people think you fainted remember." As soon as Jace had said that both of them heard footsteps coming down the hall. Jace opened the door closest to them and pushed himself and Clary into it. The room was a small closet not even enough space for Jace and Clary to stand apart from each other. Clary started to unbutton Jace shirt but Jace rebuttoned it up.

"Clary you want to undress me in a supply closet. Classy," Jace exclaimed sarcastically. Clary sighed. "I think whoever it was is gone. Come on let's go." Jace said opening the door quietly.

"Where are we going, Jace?" Clary asked after about ten minutes of walking. 

"Somewhere you'll see in a minute." Jace said. He had never been the type of person who told you secrets. 

"But...." Clary tried to say but was cut off by Jace's next words. They were in front of a big brown wooden door. 

"Close your eyes," Jace ordered and so Clary did. Jace slipped his hand in hers and she heard the door click open and felt her being pulled through the doorway. The door closed behind her. "Okay, open your eyes now." Jace said as his voice got further and further away. When Clary opened her eyes she was in absolute awe. In front of her was a room lit by candles and the small light on the ceiling full of art supplies including paints, an easel, canvas' and anything she could have wished for. The thing that made Clary most happy was that in the middle of the room was a red picnic blanket with a picnic basket over flowing with food.

"It's....." Clary was lost for words. She felt as if she could cry she felt a wet line draw down the left side of her face. She was crying.

"Do you not like it?" Jace asked with a worried tone.

"No...no I love it. Thank you but you know that on your birthday people are supposed to give you presents." Clary said.

"I know but nothing could make me as happy as seeing you happy and plus you said last week you wanted an art room so here's your art room," Jace said walking closer to her. He kissed her on the lips tracing the line of her neck and back up to her lips again. "Come on I want to show you round." Jace said. Clary was a bit disappointed she didn't really want to look round the room she longed for Jace's lips. He showed her the easel, the sketch books, the paints, colours, pencils and everything else in the room. Clary hadn't even realized Jace had left her hand until the lights went off and they were left in the candle light.

"We have a picnic to eat." Jace said looking at Clary. The way he looked at Clary made her melt. 

"We do." Clary answered back. They both walked into the centre of the room Jace sat down and Clary lay down her head resting on his knee. He lent over and kissed her on the lips again.