Chapter 21: Roommates

Sooo JYP had to sign me out of the hospital since my parents are a couple hours away. And as you may imagine, we got in so much trouble for skipping school. Apparently it threw us all off schedule since I can't dance for about a week until my injuries heal. And not to mention Lana had to teach and lead the dance I made to the team. I felt kinda bad missing out on that considering I worked so hard on it but I guess I deserved it.

Obviously, we got punished. In order to make up for the work we lost, we had to do some major cleaning. Well, just Yugyeom for now since I can't move that much. But as soon as I heal, it's major chore time for me.

I was I'm my room, icing my side when the door slowly swung open. I was ready to throw the ice pack at the intruder until I realized who it was.

"BamBam! You've come to visit me!"

He steps fully into the room and reveals a little gift. COFFEE. "Hey, jeejee. I brought you some iced americano to help you feel better." He hands me my cup and I hug him as best as I could.

"Thanks Bammy. You're the best guy friend ever!"

He lifts an eyebrow at me. "I thought Yugyeom was."

"Ew, shut up. Why would he be if he caused all of this?" I ask motioning up and down my body to demonstrate my condition.

"So I heard. How was the kiss?" He winks at me and laughs. I throw the nearest pillow at him, almost making him spill his drink.

"Gross."

"That's not what Yugyeom said..."

I give him a look of disgust. "Oh really? What did that little kiss stealer say?"

"That you kissed back. Well, for a couple of seconds then stopped to push him back."

Okay so maybe I did. Just for a second out of instinct I swear. I think. "Pfft, no."

BamBam sighs and puts his drink down on the bedside table. "Why do you hate him so much? He's actually a genuine, caring and sensitive guy. Yeah, he has his moments but honestly we all do. I just don't see why you put so much emphasis on that instead of everything else."

I could trust BamBam right? I mean he's been there for me ever since I met him. He was even the first visitor at the hospital after I got hit. Time to tell him the truth.

"Well, I fell in love with him. The way he taught me to dance, the countless sleepovers, how he always defended me. Then he left. I didn't hear from him in over a year until I heard him singing on tv. Now he's back. But I hate Kim Yugyeom." I felt tears sting my eyes but I pushed them back. "We were best friends ever since he stood up for me in Kindergarten. I knew I loved him ever since then and I knew he loved me too. He was my first kiss, first date to a dance, and he was ..my first time too. He even left his girlfriend for me. But the night after we, you know, did it, he left to come here. He didn't even say goodbye or even mention that he was leaving. That made me believe that all those years were just a lie to get to one thing, my body. That's what my first boyfriend wanted too. That's all he wanted. Yugyeom made me believe that he was different. But I was wrong."

"But he did this for you! You have no idea how much he talked about you. Everyone had to shut him up. " He got up and sat next to me on the bed.

"So? He could've told me!"

"He didn't want to hurt you!"

"He hurt me even more by not telling me! At least knowing where he was would've helped me deal with it better but he just disappeared without a trace. I got bullied all year because of what he did and he left me there defenseless! He's the reason I had to go see a doctor almost everyday for months!"

BamBam's jaw dropped but his face changed to a more understanding one. He pulled me into a hug and was rubbing his hand up and down my back to comfort me. "I'm sorry, Jee. I had no idea. And frankly, I don't think he did either. You have a point though. He should've told you. But I guess it was just as hard for him to tell you and let you go as much as it was for you."
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
It's been a week and I'm feeling a lot better. I have slowly started dancing again and my coach was so happy with the progress the team has been making since I got back.

Yugyeom and I have probably cleaned the JYP entertainment building top to bottom at least three times. It was spotless so no one better mess up my clean floors. We also had to start practicing for the duet again which made things pretty awkward since we had to dance really, really close to each other. Eventually, I asked BamBam to come and watch just to make myself a bit more comfortable. BamBam and I have gotten even closer ever since our little heart to heart the other week. He is so understanding and comprehensive of my state and situation so he always helps me out whenever I need the emotional support now that I don't have my doctor.

We finished the last little details of the dance so all we had to do now was practice and perfect it.

"Good job guys!" Lana says clapping as she entered the practice room. "You guys are gonna look awesome in a couple of days. Wow! Jee, your skin looks awesome and did you lose weight?"

"What's up with the flattery? Oh I get it," I laugh. "What do you want?"

"What? I can't compliment my own best friend?"

"No. I'm sweating and you hate sweat so how could you possibly admire my skin right now?" I slowly step closer to her. "You're trying to butter me up for something."

"No, no. I just-"

"Spill it, Lana."

She sighs in defeat. "Okay, sooooo there's been a little issue at the dorm that won't allow us to live there for a while. That means we have to relocate for a couple of months."

I shrug my shoulders. "What's so bad about that?"

"Just wait. There's more." She smiles nervously. "Well the good news is, the new dorms we'll be staying at is the apartment complex you used to live in Jee so JYP is letting you live in your old apartment."

"That's awesome news!"

"There's more." She starts rocking back and forth on her toes indicating her nervousness growing. "He already assigned rooms and roommates. However, the building only allows a certain number of people per dorm and as you know, GOT7 and Daydream have an odd number of people. That means one member from GOT7 will be sharing a room with someone from our group." She starts taking slow strides towards the exit and I could feel my stomach drop, already expecting the words that were about to come out of her mouth. "You and Yugyeom are going to have to share your apartment for the next couple of months. Okay BYE!" She sprinted out of the room, not wanting to be there for my reaction. Thanks bestie.

I'm just left there wide eyed and shocked/angry. I could see BamBam in my peripheral vision with the same reaction I was having. I turn around to face my new roommate only to find him with a goofy grin on his face.

"Hey roomie."