Am I an uncle? (Chapter 25)

YAY! I'm actually uploading ON TIME XD THanks everyone for voting on the previous chappie :) I'm glad you all liked it! It got alot of votes :7!!!! :D Hope you like this upload!

Enjoy ;)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Um, hi." I managed awkwardly.

Chase glared menacingly at me. "Why are you dressed like that?" Did it look like I had dressed up? He narrowed his eyes at Ryan.

I avoided eye contact with him, staring at his forehead. I felt like I would crack if I looked into his eyes. When I spoke, I tried to sound innocent. "Like what?"

He slammed the front door closed, and Ryan and I both jumped from the noise. He exploded. "LIKE YOU WERE ON A DATE!"

I winced. He was on a rant now and walking into the living room. He didn't even check to see if we were following him. He didn't have to because he knew we were. "Explain to me why I find my wallet on the living room table and both of you are gone. Explain why Ryan lied to me about my wallet." His voice was building up. He continued, "Explain why you look like YOU TWO WENT ON A DATE!" He started to mumble obscenities under his breath.

Ryan and I sat down together on the sofa for three while Chase glared at us from our mom's old armchair. Ryan shot me a desperate look.

'There's no way we're getting out of this.' He mouthed.

I mouthed the words we can to him, ignoring Chase who was still ranting.

'How? ' He responded. All of a sudden his eyes widened. He started staring intensely at my stomach, giving me a pointed look. His eyes gleamed in the moonlight  that seeped through the window.

My jaw dropped. He wanted me to pretend I was pregnant? Hell no! How would that even help? I opened my mouth to mouth back no, but a voice interjected.

"YOU'RE PREGNANT?" Chase's eyes were boring into my stomach. Apparently he'd seen Ryan's 'private' conversation with me. He continued ranting. "Oh my God. It all makes sense now! He got into your pants! Didn't he? Didn't he? Then you guys started acting all close at school and now you're dating! Not to mention you started liking each other because he got you preggers! Did I mention that? Did I? I DID! This is crazy Alissa, absolutely crazy!" He started speaking faster and faster, "I'm going to be an uncle! I'm going to be an uncle!" He was freaking out now.

"Wait-"

He cut me off. "I can't believe you Ryan! I can't believe you! How could you do this to me? Go behind my back, dating my sister and getting her pregnant and not even telling me! When were you going to say something?" He was only sad now. There was no more anger behind his words or fuel. It didn't matter that I wasn't pregnant. I lied to him. He was truly sad that we didn't tell him. And that broke my heart the worst.

My voice cracked. "Chase. No, hold on."

He got up out of the armchair. "I got it now, you can go to your room Alissa. I'll see you later Ryan," he added, dejected.

I stood up to follow him to his room. "Chase, that's not fair--"

He turned around to face me, and there were tears in his eyes. "I'll tell you what's not fair. I-"

Ryan burst out, in a rage. "FOR GOD'S SAKE RYAN! SHE'S NOT PREGNANT!"

I sunk back down onto the sofa. This was crazy. I shouldn't have lied to my brother. I should have listened to Ryan. This was all my fault. Why had I wanted to hide our relationship from my brother? I couldn't remember the reason when I was standing in front of him all heartbroken.

The room went silent, and Ryan's words echoed throughout the air.

The first words I heard were, "So I'm not going to be an uncle?"

I rolled my eyes and smiled. Of course he would say that.

Chase grinned as he made eye contact with me. He sang out loud and proud. "I'm not an uncle, I'm not an uncle! Yes! My best friend didn't lie to me! I knew he wouldn't!"

The smile slid off my face, the guilt washing over me. I couldn't let him get too excited now. I had to tell him. Now that I'd seen him so sad when both of us lied to him. This was going to be impossible.

I sighed. "Chase, I have to tell you something. Ryan and I are--"

Ryan's eyes widened. He finished speaking for me. "Are sorry. We just thought we'd go grab something to eat, Sass here didn't want to cook."

No! That's not what I wanted to say! "Wait, actually Chase-"

Ryan gritted his teeth. "There's no actually Chase."

 I glared at him. "Hold up, I have something to say."

Ryan glared at me. "Fine. Say it."

His eyes watched me defiantly. He knew I wouldn't be able to tell Chase on my own. Why was he doing this to me? To Chase? I'd thought he wanted Chase to know. Had he changed his mind?

I let my eyes sink to the floor. "Nevermind.''

Chase grinned. "Glad to know things are back to normal."

Right. Back to normal. Back to me secretly dating Ryan even though I knew how devastating it would be for my brother. How had Ryan and I switched positions on telling Chase the truth?

"Chase, I'm going to my room. I'm pretty tired now, so see you tomorrow morning," I announced.

"Alright. Goodnight Alissa, love you."

I stood up to leave and walked towards the stairs and gripped the railing, remembering how it saved me from falling so many times when I was busy being clumsy.

My words were soft. "Love you too."

I hurried up the stairs and opened my bedroom door. I soon heard more footsteps up the stairs. Knowing it was Ryan, I locked the door. I padded over to my bathroom, taking off my makeup and changing into my pajamas. I climbed into the bed.

"Sass. Alissa. Open the door."

I turned to my side so that I couldn't see the koala and faced my window.

"C'mon. Alissa. Please."

I counted to ten in my head.

"I know you can hear me," his voice continued. "I'm not going to leave until you open this door. C'mon, I thought you didn't want him to know. I was trying to help you."

I mumbled under my breath. "Yeah right, I'm sure you were. Why would you cut me off then?"

Of course, he didn't hear me. He apologized. "I'm sorry."

I closed my eyes and let myself melt into the darkness.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hey, do all of my chapters end sadly? It seems like they do XD What do you think?

IMPORTANT: I NEED A CAST! ANY IDEAS???? THANKS!

 Please help me w/ the cast! I need to find people  I like that match my characters Just tell me who you think would work for who and then I'll decide :) Please vote and comment! I'm getting alot of votes :D But not alot of comments :( Can we even them out? If you have time please comment :D At least put a tiny heart there. It would make me so happy! But keep voting XD Whenever I ask for comments I get 12 comments and 3-5 votes XD Then when I ask for votes I get 7-10 ish and 1 or two comments XD Please do both :) Hope you liked! Sorry if it was short, I need to  update other stories!