15

Picture of Thea's outfit above^!

Picture of Xavier's outfit above^!

Still attached by Xavier's side, my mom decided to stand behind my step-dad as if supporting him but I knew that wasn't the case. I think. I could feel Xavier's grip tighten around my arm, squeezing me as if I was going to disappear into the thin air at any moment now.

"Sweetie, this is Xavier," my mom answered my step-dad's question calmly. "This is Thea's friend."

I could feel Xavier go rigid beside me at the word 'friend'.

"You look like a gangster," my step-dad informed suspiciously as I bit back my tongue from confirming his suspicions.

"Glad I do," Xavier replied sternly.

I sighed and pinched the bridge of my nose, wanting to get out of this suffocating air and right on queue, the front door flew open, allowing in a cold rush of wind before someone closed the door. I whipped my head around to see both Keith and Kody mumbling something to each other before blindly making their way into the kitchen. 

They halted right when their eyes looked up, assuming from the tension in the air as their eyes travelled towards mine, locking gazes as their faces broke into huge smiles. Their smiles were infectious as a smile of my own appeared, quickly rising from my seat as I threw myself into their arms, feeling the both of my engulf me tightly. 

"Thea, what are you doing here?" Kody asked, pulling away as his eyes instantly searched for injuries. A habit he had began to adapt to when he first moved in.

"You aren't expected back until..." Keith paused, lifting up his fingers and counting each of them. "Well, I don't know."

I laughed. "I wanted to check on how you guys were doing when you know..."

Kody and Keith sighed heavily and nodded, Keith patting my head softly before looking at Kody who was already making eye contact with someone behind me. My eyes widened at the realisation as I slowly turned around to see Xavier scratching the back of his neck cluelessly, his eyes darting back and forth at the twins, assuming to decipher which one was which.