Chapter 24: War is here

Natsu's P.O.V

"All soldiers lined up at the shore?" Dad said as he tapped furiously on the table.

"Yes, your majesty. the guards are protecting the houses and castles---the cannonballs are in place, ready to fire," A messenger replied, standing up so firm and tall it seemed his back would break any moment then. I put my hands in the pockets of my jacket, leaning slightly back on my chair, just enough for dad to not notice my behavior. Again, all the princes and Kings of the United Kingdoms were all meeting each other at the very same round table. We had to meet each other and discuss what's happening while the war is going on, so that we could give orders to our soldiers and guards.

"Great, and our walls are secure like it should be, right?" Father checked again, tapping a little harder.

"Yes, your majesty. Tall and firm." The messenger croaked a bit this time. What, is he seriously that scared about the whole war?

"All doors and windows are locked closed? You know how they can create a flood."

"Yes... Your majesty."

"Then how about the people, have all evacuated...." I faded out the conversation out of my mind and closed my eyes, thinking about something more important to me. I just don't get it... Why am I so angry and sad by the fact Lucy is gone? Is it really because she didn't say goodbye...? She was going to leave anyways so... Why should I be so mad at the fact she's gone?

I shook the thoughts away and decided to tune myself back into the conversation. Gray turned and looked at me, a kind of sympathy in his eyes. Like, it was as if even though he wanted this war to go on and knew it should, he felt a little bad for my feelings.

"What is it?" I scoffed.This guy's disgusting.

He raised an eyebrow a bit before shaking his head,
"Nothing, bro."

I arched an eyebrow back at him, confused about his actions. Why's he being so friendly to me? It's so creepy.

"...and Natsu, you better go with Gajeel to fight with the mermaids with your swords. As far as I can remember, they have their own swords to fight with," Dad said as the messenger went out the door.

"Understood," I said as I bowed my head a bit. Since I have nothing to protect right now... Might as well obey orders.
Gray looked at me and sweat dropped, but Dad gave me a surprised look. He's face warmly turned into a satisfied face,

"Good. The guards will come to pick both of you up."

"Mom and Wendy?" I asked as I held concern in my eyes. Dad made me go straight into our meeting hall before I could even check with Mom and Wendy.

"They're now at one of the highly top secret basements underground. They're safe and sound, it's ok Natsu-- I will make sure that not a single scratch is on them," Dad said, giving his fatherly warm smile as always.

"Right, um--" I was about to ask 'what about Gray', but a guard came barging into the room. He bowed the instant he closed the door behind him.

"Your Majesties. I have come to take Prince Gajeel and Prince Natsu," he stated.

"Great!" King Metallicana exclaimed as he rubbed his hands together. "Gajeel, Natsu, go ahead and prepare with your armor. Do well."

The guard showed us the way to the swords, even though Gray, Gajeel and I have been there before. We've been practicing with our swords for years now, just for a day like this.

"Dang~ this armor makes me look pretty hot, eh?" Gajeel said as he looked at himself through the tall Mirror, reflexing his muscles.

"Ha, put on the helmet and no one would even see your face," I chuckled back, putting on my helmet and taking my sword. I looked through the Mirror myself-- it was like as if we were both Knights in shining armor, except in gold instead of silver to show that we were royalty.

"Plus, don't you think this armor's a little too heavy?" I added.

"Geheh, guess you aren't strong enough to handle it," Gajeel snickered and made his way to his horse.

I shook my head and grinned through my helmet.This guy, he has double the comebacks than both Gray and I together.
I got on my own horse and we both made our way to the shore.

When we reached the shore, it was more chaotic than anything you could've thought of. Soldiers kept charging their way to the mermen, but the mermen kept flooding them away. Some soldiers even pulled out the guns and began shooting at them-- at that point the mermen were violent like never before. They would use their powers, take up soldiers way up in the air, then forcefully smash them to the ground. Their flooding would send our men crashing into many things, making them bleed from all the hits they've taken. I then realized that it wasn't just the mermen who were fighting against us, but also the mermaids. They used their powers to use the water to defend themselves. I didn't think that the Mer-people were this prepared. Just when I thought that the humans were out taken, the cannonballs had been thrown.

What the heck is going on...

--Lucy's P.O.V--
I rode my chariot faster than probably anyone would have done before. The horses seemed to have been getting more and more tired as the minutes go by, but I wouldn't let them stop.

"You got to keep it up, Horses! Just keep galloping like the wind!" I yelled through the horse's heaves touching the ground as well as the air rushing by my ears.
The horse neighed, and I laughed along like crashing through trees was a good thing. "Natsu... Everyone... Just wait a little longer, please!"

Right as I said this, the vision of the ocean became even more clear. I sped through the town, hearing voices shout things like, "hey, stop where you are!"Or, "where do you think you're going, miss?!"

If I hadn't been so careless about the horses, then maybe what happened next wouldn't have even happened.

The horses had suddenly pulled to a stopped and I was thrown forward into a building.

"Miss?!? Are you alright?" I heard a man exclaim. I slowly opened my eyes and tried to get up. As I lost my stance and fell, the man caught me. "Miss!"
I opened my eyes and saw a man with gold-ish brown hair. He wore a uniform like the guards I always see do and had glasses with a blue tint to it.

"Thank-you.." I choked as I tried to make my feet steady again. The man held my shoulders so I wouldn't fall. I felt a big ache on my head which made me grunt a bit. I held my head to try stop the pain but it only stung me more. I quickly pulled back and saw... Blood on my hands.

"Wha-..." I muttered before everything blacked out on me.

---

Author.. H-here...

OH GOSH IM SO SORRY A HUNDRED OF APOLOGIES I DIDN'T MEAN TO THINK OF A CHAPTER FOR THIS LONG PLEASE FORGIVE ME AWAHHHHHH!!!!

Wellll, at least I updated... Eheh...

As you can see, Natsu had went with Gajeel to fight with the other soldiers, but only saw how bad everything was. Lucy had been thrown off her chariot and smashed her head on the wall, making it bleed. A mysterious man had come to help her out(which is.. Probz one of the guards? Eheheehee...).

Everything suddenly became bloody, basically.

Seeeee ya next Chappie! This time, I might be able to finish faster! Might.. Eheheh....