Chapter 17:Good news?

I wake up and just stare at my boring white ceiling. I think about my knee and how lucky I am to have only sprained it.

I can feel the insignificant pain killers that I'm relaying on to make my life easier, slowly wearing away.

I get up and slowly go to the kitchen with the help of my crutch. Walking past the fridge and stove, to go into the cabinet that holds my pain killers along with everyday things too.

Once I get out the two tiny, red pills that I'm supposed to take everyday, I walk to the fridge and find the orange juice that I need to help swallow the annoying, but needed, pills.

I find some pancakes in the fridge, and some coffee ice cream in the freezer. I don't hesitate to grab both and heat up the pancakes.

I grab the syrup for the pancakes and then I grab a spoon for the ice cream. Once the timer goes off for the pancakes I take them out and add a bit of syrup in the shape of a house.

Then I open up the cold ice cream tub and put a big spoon in it. I then go to the bathroom and do the things that need to be done. Once I leave the claustrophobic bathroom I grab my food and sit on the couch. I shove all of the delicious food into my mouth while watching reruns of Hannah Montana.

Yes,I may be a junior in high school, and yes, I may play football, and yes it's reruns, but I will forever watch Hannah Montana.

When I'm about to put a spoonful of ice cream in my mouth I hear the annoying door bell sound through out the whole house. It could wake the dead.

I walk over to the door cautiously, I wasn't expecting anyone. I slowly move my arm to the handle. When I'm about to grab it, the bell sounds making me jump up 3 feet in the air.

I wish now that the door had a peep hole or a window near it. I count to three and then I open it before I can wimp out.

It's my dad. I'm sure the surprised feeling I felt, was showing on my face. Then my face turned stone cold.

"What are you doing here?" I asked a slight edge to my voice.

He looks surprised or stunned that I could be so cold towards him.

"I was wondering if we could get ice cream and talk?"

"I guess. I mean it probably won't change anything considering that I don't want to be talking to you now but whatever. You can sit on the couch while you wait."

I put the ice cream that I was going to eat away and then head up stairs with my crutches.

I find a nice top and some skinny jean, which weren't exactly a smart choice considering my knee.

I actually fall once but shake it off because I'm not a quitter. I then use my crutches to walk over to my vanity to get some cover up on and to put on some perfume.

You may be asking why I'm going to go get breakfast with my dad when, 1 I have ice cream, and 2 I really don't like him. I can honestly say I have no clue. Both of these things are true and before I could turn him down the words slipped off of my tongue.

I grab my phone and keys that I pick up before I leave to go anywhere. I hobble down the stairs and step in front of my dad, who is sitting uncomfortably on the couch.

"I'll go to breakfast but I'm taking my own car."

I hobble out to my truck, and get in the seat in quite a terrible manner. I almost fall twice, I accidentally pull my hair 3 time and I can also say that somehow on top of all of that I hit my funny bone, which isn't even a bone.

I get into the car without killing myself accidentally and I let out a sigh of relief.

----
A/n I know that this chapter is short. I'm sorry but I do have a reason and the outcome should be great. I'm also going to be starting a new book soon so be prepared. Should this book have a sequel, there are only 13 chapters left?