Chapter Six (Edited 8/30/2020)

Warren is the attached image!

The reason it's Dylan Sprayberry, who is apparently a teddy bear in a TV show, is to show that rapists can really be anyone. They don't have to be the most intimidating person or someone who is unattractive. I wanted to show that. They can be who you least expect. (Not saying Dylan Sprayberry is a rapist by any means).

Thank you to everyone who is reading the story so far, I can't believe we've already reached 200+ reads!! Every comment I get makes me smile, and every vote makes me that much happier :)

Silently Falling: Chapter Six

Our weekend goes by normally. Alyse FaceTimed me Saturday night and apologized for leaving so quickly and worrying me, and I ended up going over there for a bit to 'talk' her through what she was feeling. It was good for her to let out her frustrations and fears about Toby with me, because by this morning everything feels like it's back to normal. Alyse came over in the morning while I was cooking breakfast, and Toby drove the three of us to school.

Now it's the third period of the day. For me and Alyse, it's Chemistry. Tyler has the same class his first block of the day, so he warned us this morning that we are going to have a pop quiz and I don't think Alyse has stopped stressing about it since.

"I'm absolutely, positively screwed for this chemistry quiz." Alyse grumbles as we stop by her locker.

"You're going to be fine," Gray says, leaning against the sea of blue and yellow lockers. Our school couldn't have chosen more cliche colors or a more cliche mascot; the Trojans of East Bridge High School.

There's not even a West Bridge High School; or a North, or a South.

"I'm such a failure, I didn't study." She groans, hitting her head against her locker.

"That would be because we didn't know we were gonna have it. Hence the term 'pop quiz.'"

"You shut your trap."

"I never opened it."

"Gray, back me up here!" Alyse says, turning her head to where he just was. Now he's off flirting with a...provocatively dressed freshman, pinning her against the lockers with his 'charm.'

Poor girl looks like she's ready to take him here and now, and I'm sure his fashion sense is helping that along. Out of the three boys, Gray dresses the best. Today he's wearing a light grey cardigan, fully buttoned, with a white button-down underneath and khakis. He is also sporting his glasses; he has contacts, but every now and then he decides not to wear them.

The girl blushes as he takes a small step closer to her, his blue eyes flickering over her figure. I bet she hasn't heard of his reputation yet, or maybe she doesn't care.

I sigh and start to follow Alyse as we walk to Chemistry. One of my most recent songs flows through my head as we walk down the tiled hallway. I was playing it last night on the piano while Toby was out to pick up dinner. I was supposed to be doing homework, but my mother's old piano was calling out to me.

I couldn't just ignore it.

I should have been working on the song Mr. C assigned me to write. He wants me to have it completely finished by the end of the month, which only gives me two weeks. The music is only halfway done and the lyrics have yet to be written. Because this isn't a personal song, it's harder for me to focus on. Instead, I was working on the song Alyse saw me writing last week in class, and I'm now regretting it.