Chapter 1

10:45 pm

"After the carriage ride through the town we took a long walk on the beach. I mean i've been to the beach before but when I was with him it felt like a whole new place. But then I thought our date was coming to an end but he proved that I was completely wrong. He had a picnic set up for us it was so beautiful I tell you. We had already had dinner ya know so the picnic was basically just pastries and snacks like cakes and stuff. So after we ate again we walked some more an then we started talking. He was so stimulating it was crazy. He likes me more than just how I do my makeup or how I look in a miniskirt, He asked me my views in politics ! Like i've never had a guy look at me this way and I just love it. Don't you just love it !?"

"Yep." I answered even though I wasn't really paying attention.

Oh you thought that was my loving story of the perfect date with the perfect guy ? Yea right. Maybe in fairytale land.

My bestest friend in the whole wide world ,Baeli ,paced back and forth several times talking about her date she had yesterday night. As for me all I did last night was finish my SAT packet.

"I mean like Brook he could actually be the one." She exclaimed.

"I'm so happy for you Lee I really am , but can we please talk about something other than your perfect boy toy?" I let out a small laughter after my question so she wouldn't take it to heart.

"I'm sorry." She smiled at me sincerely. "It's just the best feeling in the world. An if you weren't so damn mean all the time you'd probably find someone who makes you feel the same."

In my head I laughed so hard. I'm not even mean.

Ok I am mean but not mean like shedevil mean just mean enough for people to know not to play with me.

"I'm not mean." Is all I said.

"You're joking right? You are like poster child for mean girls with attitudes."

"Hahaha very funny. But you can keep the lip drooling over there. I'm fine just the way I am." I smiled widely at her.

"Mhm and Creula just wanted companionship with 100 puppies." She said as she laid next to me.

"You are literally the only person I know who still makes Disney analogies." I looked over at her and she looked over at me. We bursted into laughter.

"Can we please go to sleep now ? I'm not trying to be late ..again." She snickered a little.

"Are you saying I make you late to school ?" She said trying not to laugh.

"No i'm just analyzing the proof. Every time you spend the night you keep me up and I end up 30 minutes to and hour late for first hour." I said trying not to laugh at her face.

"Oh whatever Carter you're late on a regular day. Don't try to pin that on me."

"You're right you're right now if you'd politely close your eyes and drift into wonderland that'd be perfect. smooches." I said and leaned over and turned the light off.

Soon my eyes were closed and I was peacefully dozing off. Until I heard Baeli laugh.

"Omg I can't wait to see you." I heard her whisper.

"I can't say that babe i'm in the bed with Brooke."

"You're such a nasty boy."

"An then what are you gonna touch?"

That was the last straw got dammit.

"Dammit Lee." I said before rising up and reaching across her body an snatched her headphones out of her phone. "Goodnight Richard!" I said an then ended the call.