Chapter 36 In his Absence

He left the Kiritani Residence first thing in the morning , his heart is heavy , minds a bit in shambles , he's thinking if she'll tell Yomiko or hide to her the truth that he have learned on his trip..

He just got off at the bus and was walking on the train station to start his 8 hour trip back home when it started pouring  he was soaked as he looks for a phone booth, finally found one, he hurriedly put a some of change in the phone to have finally...

".......Huh ? What was,....what's  Yomiko's number again !?" 

"ARGGHHH !!!! " he screams in frustration , while banging his head on a wall realizing he didn't memories her girlfriends number is sure pathetic not only that he didn't even ask for Ms.Mikahara the landlady and even her childhoods friend house and cellular phone number...

almost crying and laughing at the same time , he slumps on the floor...

"I'm a terrible boyfriend....:

"I'm a terrible housemate...."

"I'm a terrible rentee.."

"I'm a terrible childhood friend..." (oh wait , screw being a terrible childhood friend Miyoko has been horrible to me..)

"Well might as well get over this , and accept my faith when i got home..." 

As he runs to the train station while crossing the street he didn't notice a car ragging down the road it was too late when he noticed and then....

Meanwhile...

"Achooo !!" *sniffs*sniffs* ..... as she wipes of her tears...

"Are you okay Yomiko ?! ask Raika while she browses worriedly through her social media asking for anyone who have seen minamino..

"I'm going to punch the moron in the guts when he return..."

At the Famille'

"Don't cry Rei , i don't know where's that idiot have gone too , let's just hope he's fine.." as Kasumi calms Reimako who's since the second day been holding in her tears..

"I'm okay , *sniffs* i'm worried about Yomiko she's been in her room since she came back..."

it was almost evening the rain was really pouring , Miyoko and Raika just got home entered the living room  when Ms.Mikahara receive a call from the police station , she was at the living room when she answers the phone..She moves away from the housemates taking the receiver of the wireless phone with her..

*Phone Conversation*

"Miss Mikahara , we found a body matching your description.."

"B-body what do you mean body ?!"

"We're still not sure if this is the person your looking for so , it'll be appreciated if  drop by the station and confirmed it for  us..."

"What do you mean , you find a body ? and why do i need to confirm it ?!" her voice shudders as a sign of panic...

a sullen silence can be heard at the other line , and then.."..........We found a dead body the face is burned beyond recognition, but like I've said we're still not sure that why we need you to drop by and confirm it for us..."

"I- i understand......" she hangs up , before she returned she wipes of any forming tears and keeps her composure and faced the group..

"I'm going to the police station for a while..." 

as she returns the receiver from the from the phone , she noticed she the loudspeaker was on , she must have accidentally pressed it when she answers the phone..

"Did you guys.........?"

The housemates all just sat there in shock and awe this all seems to be a really bad nightmare for them...

"T-that not him , i'm sure of it , that idiot's not gonna die that easy !!' Miyoko gritting her teeth , trying so hard to hold back her tears..

Reimako was holding back as well , biting her lower lip , bowing her head to hide her face from the group for she knew if she broke down crying now , she may start a ripple of sadness within them..

Kasumi leaning herself in the living room wall , panning her face away from the group to hide her face...

Raika stands next to the living room door , hair  still dripping from the pouring rain outside she glamoured her fist while she hides her pain..

"Now let's just all calm down , we still don't know if ...anyway i'll be heading to the police station you guys wait here..." 

She's about to leave when...

"I'm coming with you Miss Mikahara..."

"Y-Yomiko , how long have you been...?" 

Yomiko goes down the stairs , her eyes are red from crying all night she walks straight to the living room door , were Raika is standing..

"I'm also going.." uttered Raika as she opens the living room door..

"I'm coming too , added Kasumi

"Of course we are coming as well" , Said Miyoko while assisting Reimako standing up.. 

Tegemi was expecting this , there eyes are filled with sorrow as it might overflow, any second of anticipation could have drive them in despair...

"Alright , if you're ready for this , bring your coats it's pouring outside..."

They boarded Tegemi's car , as they drove off to the police , sullen silence engulf the atmosphere and they begin their short but grueling journey..

When they arrive , the officer in charge guide them straight at the morgue..

"Well , here we are , are all of you related to the victim ?" ask the officer

"We are he's family..." says Tegemi..

"Well , this is quite unfortunate in deed but , only two of you are allowed to go in , sorry it's protocol.." explained the officer..

"We understand ,  Yomiko are you ready ? as she looks at Yomiko at the brink of breaking down , but she took a deep breath then they both enter the morgue..

Miyoko , tensed she kept on walking back in fort in front of the morgue door , Raika was leaning on a wall seemingly biting her thumb nail , Kasumi biting her lower lip in frustration while sitting besides Reimako who's currently sincerely praying a few minutes later , the door slowly opens and..

Yomiko finally brokes down , seems to be almost fainted Miyoko catches her...

"W-what happen ? is it .....?!!"