Chapter 61

*HEY GUYS! FINALLY AN UPDATE TO C&B, RIGHT?? HEHEHHEH. LET'S GET TO THE QUESTIONS.

Questions!!:
-What are your summer plans? (Sleep, eat, binge watch YouTube videos and Netflix, try to survive the existential burden, sleep again.)
-Okay, so quickly scroll through your photo album and pick a random photo without looking. The photo you pick is your inner emotions. Selfies and vids don't count. What is it? (2 types of favorite fav characters: one: OMG precious baby, light of this world, two: fucking piece of shit asswipe you garbage bag full of stale pizza crusts and burnt instant noodles. Well, I'm very emotive...)

ENJOY THE CHAPTER EVERYONE!!*

Stay Creepy, My Friends!~

Chapter 61

Jeff's POV

It hurt to run so fast, but I kept going. My side was in so much pain, and so was my bloodied shoulder. It was mostly the side though, thanks to that god damned car. Why do I always get tossed around with things out of my league? Whatever, that doesn't matter. What matters is finding the others and getting them out of here in one piece.

It wasn't too hard to pin point where Caedis and Ellie were fighting, considering they created a ruckus loud enough to be heard from the forest tree line, but I still checked every street I came across in hopes that I could find Toby, Clockwork and Ben.

When I made it to the area that the fight was taking place, I stopped to analyze the situation. Ellie's eyepatch was gone, and her clothes looked coated with dirt. Caedis was just the same, only much more expressionless than anyone would be in a situation like this. The both of them were staring each other down, standing a few feet apart, hands raised. Ellie ran in for an attack and managed to land a punch to Caedis' face, but he grabbed her hand and pulled her in closer to knee her in the gut. She nearly fell over but held her ground. Caedis elbowed her across the face, followed by a back hand that sent Ellie stumbling to the side on her knees. I could tell she was already exhausted and knew she couldn't hold her own forever. Suddenly, my stomach churned as the white haired man kicked her over onto her back, pinned her down and began punching her over and over. When he stopped, he leaned over, pushed her head to the side to expose her neck, and opened his mouth wide.

Panicking, I shouted, "No!", pulled out the gun, then fired towards him. The bullet missed but it certainly interrupted him and got his attention. He snapped his head up to glare at me with his crimson eyes. I grit my teeth and prepared myself to run, but luckily it didn't come to that when Ellie managed to muster up her strength, charge her prosthetic arm, and slammed a fist straight across his jaw. Even from where I stood, I could hear the unsettling crack of Caedis' jaw breaking. He fell over, which gave Ellie the time to crawl out from under him and scramble away. She looked up at me and I could see some form of relief in her eyes. She took one last glance at Caedis, before she got up to start running to me.

As she ran, I saw Caedis getting up. He set his jaw back into place as he got on his feet. Out of nowhere, he broke into a sprint, chasing after Ellie. I raised the gun in my hands and tried my best to aim at his rapidly moving figure. While he ran, he pulled out a knife and threw it towards Ellie. It hadn't hit her head on, but it flew past her legs, grazing one of her calves and sending her tumbling to the ground.

When he had kept running was when I realized that he wasn't going for Ellie anymore. Before I knew it, he barreled right into me, causing me to lose my gun somewhere across the ground. He sat on top of me, and grabbed at my neck. His hands squeezed around my throat and I tried my best to punch at him to make him stop. No matter how much I did, he wouldn't let go. It didn't take long to start seeing black spots in my vision. I tried reaching for my knife but my hands already felt heavy. My boots stopped digging into the ground and I couldn't hear much. I stared up at Caedis' emotionless crimson eyes as he kept strangling me, and I kept hoping Ellie would come to my aid.