JULY THIRTY-FIRST

Bucky,

I did something that I hope I do not regret later on down the road. Even if I did regret doing it, it would never compare to all the other regret I feel in my life. Everything that has happened. . .it has all been a chain reaction of things caused by me. I have created a domino effect. I'm not sure if anyone other than Mason will truly understand why I felt the need to do this, but it doesn't matter; it was just something I had to do, regardless of how much I didn't want to. I needed to.

I sold the house. I know you're probably thinking, "How could she do this? What was she thinking?" Well, I was not thinking. I couldn't think there; all I could see were old memories-memories that I could never relive. All I could see were the specks of my mother's blood staining the house. Whether or not it was really there or just in my mind, (which wouldn't surprise me; it's pretty screwy in there) I just could not bear to be there any longer.

Some say that you only get one home. I don't think that's true. Yes, I can never recreate old memories in a new house, but that's not what makes a house a home. I can always create new memories wherever I live. A home does not have to be in a house, and I know this because you are my home, Bucky. You, Mason, Greyson, and Wanda. As long as I've got you in my life, I'll have a home. Broken it may be, but it's something, and it's something I wouldn't trade for the world.

Thank you for showing me that home is where the heart is, James Buchanan.

Yours,

Marlena