50. Motives questioned

Song: Mario Winans - I don't wanna know.

Enjoy...
***
"Hello" I answer.

"Hera! Oh my God! Thank goodness you answered! Where are you?! What happened?! Who took you away?! Are you okay?!" The questions all keep pouring in at once.

"Breath Nathan," I say.

"I'm with a family friend," I say.

"Oh okay...that's good...do you need anything? Are you okay?" He asks.

"I'm so sorry Hera, I had no idea 234 was you," He continues.

"What's 234 Nathan?" I ask wanting to straighten this out as soon as possible.

"Where are you? I'll come explain everything," He says.

I stay silent. Keith was out, if Nathan came by now then this could end fast.

"I don't know. I'll go find out and text you the address" I say shutting off the phone. I walk out and head to the front desk. Getting the address, I send it to Nathan. I walk over to the guest lobby and sit down waiting for him. A few minutes later he walks in. I wave at him.

      He rushes over to me and searches my body with his eyes. Satisfied he lets out a huge breathe.  "I was so worried, after you fainted we stopped fighting but you had already gone and no one knew who took you" Nathan says.

"Lets go to the room," I say uncomfortable with the eyes on us.
We walk to the elevator and get in. We stay quiet through the ride and on the walk to the room. Once we get in. I sit on the bed and show him the couch to sit.

"Okay" I say willing him to start talking.

"Where do I start from its so complicated," He says.

"The very start..." I say.

"I kept protecting him...I should have known better, in the end I hurt you, I'm so sorry Hera," He says.

I keep quiet, I didn't want to tell him he did nothing wrong when I wasn't sure. For all I know he may be involved. I needed to be sure first before opening up.

"So?" I say.

"Two years back, when Lexis was a freshman, Alexander hall was named after him and built for him. To commemorate its opening and as a sort of initiation rite. He had a bet with his friends to sleep with this girl who just got in. She was a freshman , a virgin, naive and innocent. She lived in Room 234. Your room, along with Jess. To get to her, Lexis and his friends got close to Jess and convinced her to help. She became their informant and accomplice aiding Lexis to get close to the girl. He finally slept with her and publicly announced to the whole school what he did. The girl was broken. Luckily I had just transferred here and ran into her when the scene occurred. I took her away and found out what he did. I told our dad and served as a witness for her to the schools board but the case was thrown out. Dad somehow got the board to dismiss it on the grounds of consensual sex. They didn't punish Lexis and instead suspended the girl for trying to soil the schools good name. My dad seeing my act as betrayal to the family had me sent to military school. That girl was MJ," He says.

"What?" I say in shock.

"But she is their friend," I say.

"While I was away she fell in love with one of them. She hangs out with them and made peace with them thanks to him but she never forgave Lexis," Nathan explains.

I suddenly remember the time we went racing and the animosity between the two.

"That's why," I whisper.

"What?" Nathan asks.

"Nothing, continue," I say.

"Lexis in case you haven't noticed doesn't ever apologize," Nathan says.

      That wasn't necessarily true. He apologized to me but I keep that information to myself.

"He never gave her an apology, neither did he repent. Last year, he repeated the deed to another new student, same room, 234. She sued Lexis. Dad gave the girls dad a six figure job and granted her a scholarship, the case was dropped. She is now a mess always numbing the pain with alcohol. Dad made Lexis promise it was his last. I shouldn't have bought it. When MJ saw you at the restaurant she was in shock as it felt like deja vu. Me, the virgin and Lexis. She called the next day to tell me and I came looking for you. The rest you know," He says.

"Why didn't MJ previously tell me? Why wait till she knew of our relationship?" I ask.

"If she did, she'd break up with her boyfriend, he is one of Lexis closest friends and will feel betrayed by her. She couldn't spill the beans herself so she was mean to you, to make you leave but you didnt, you stayed on," He says.

"When she found out we knew each other. She found a way to keep the damage minimal on her end as they won't know she told me. They'd assume you said your room information and I found out," He says.

"So she basically saved herself while getting her revenge on Lexis," I say, in realization.

"Wait, but Lexis knew about us, that we were close and I could have let you know my room information leading to your finding out. Yet he did nothing... that's weird," I say.

"Lexis didn't approve of our being close Hera," Nathan says.

"I know that," I say getting up.

"But Lexis is not someone that allows his plans get ruined, he could have stopped our getting too close but he didn't. It's almost as if ..." I bite my lips. "It's almost as if he wanted you to find out, but why?" I say confused.

"Hera, Lexis is my brother, I know Lexis, he is good at the act of manipulation and strategy, whatever his reason may be I'm positive it isn't good," He says.

But I'm not so sure. Maybe this was MJ's way of getting back at Lexis. Maybe he never made the bet on me. But what if he did? Why did he allow me get close to Nathan when it could have ruined his plans? I thought Nathan would give me answers but instead I'm left with more questions.

A phone rings and Nathan answers.

"Hello," He says.

"Okay," He says and cuts the call.

"It seems my dad's heard," He says.

Lexis! Will he be okay? I immediately worry before catching myself. Hera seriously? Worry about yourself first. But I somehow couldn't stop myself from worrying.

"We will talk more later, I've got to leave," Nathan says, I nod. He gets up and opens the door revealing Keith.

"Short haired boy," Keith says and immediately throws a punch at Nathan.

"Keith!" I shout and rush to Nathan's side.

"I'm so sorry," I say to a confused Nathan.

"You may leave, except you'd like a second punch which I won't mind throwing," Keith says.

"Please leave, I am so sorry, I'll call you," I say to Nathan as he leaves and the door shuts. I turn to glare at Keith.

"What? It was a punch!" He says as I roll my eyes.

***
Double update!!!! Don't forget to vote :-)

Thoughts???