Chapter 38 Letters...

Few days have passed since Minamino's return , He just made and excuse that he went on a emergency job for some friend the place have no signal so it's impossible for him to call home  now sitting on his study table , thinking deeply while looking at Mimiko's letter to Yomiko...

(it's been almost a week , and  i still can't decide if i'll give this to Yomiko or go straight to her Mother...)

*Knock*Knock*

"Mina '  it's Reimako , are you in there ?"

"Yes , Rei i'm here do you need something ?"

"N-nothing , just checking ..."

"Oh ...okay..."

(Wait , am i doing the right thing , getting between them ? , am i being to nosy ?..)

*Knock*Knock*

"Mina , it's Raika , are you in there ?"

"Yes Raika ,i'm here do you need something ?"

"Nothing , just checking..."

Okay thanks.."

(Am i being to nosy ? , should i just let Yomiko's mother act first should i just wait ?)

*Knock*Knock* 

"Mina , i-it's Kasumi , are you in there ?"

"Yes Kasumi , i'm here do you need anything ?"

"No nothing just , checking..."

(That's the third time ? , What's going on ? )

*Knock*Knock*

(Who is it this time) 

He rushed to the door and before she could speak.

"Hi can i help you ?! 

"HOLY SHIT BALLS !! startled Yomiko blurted

(shit balls ?) "Pffff....." trying to hold out his laughter , Yomiko pouted..

"Geez Mina , don't surprised me like that..."

"I'm sorry , it's been weird lately , is there something you want.." smiling at her while still holding out his laughter..

"Huh' ? oh , um..nothing i' uh..." lost for words Yomiko , blushingly fidgets.. 

(i'll be guessing , she's just checking if i'm inside ....ever since i've returned they'd been really worried that i'd disappear for some reason...)

"Well , i'll be going to work later and i'll be home late , if you don't have job coming in , i want you to stay home , okay mina ?"  she gaves him a worried look , while holding the sleeves of his shirt..

"Okay i won't don't worry , oh' do you want me go to your studio later  ?"

 Her face brightens while she give him a shinning smile " Sure , i'd love that.."

(oh wait this might be a good time to talk to her about the letters ) as he turn his gaze on his study table were there lies those letters for Yomiko. She noticed it and..

"What are those ?"

" Yomiko can we talk for a bit ?"while he gives her a serious sullen look..

"Uh..okay.."

They sat on the floor while mina , laid down Yomiko's letter on the floor , he explains about his trip to the orphanage but left out the part were he visits the Kiritani Resident. 

"L-Letters from my Mother ?!"

"Yes , forgive me for not giving it to you earlier...."

"N-no it's okay , you got through of that trouble , just for me...oh mina." 

she hugged him unexpectedly mina was caught of guard the hugged triggered a jolt into his heart its started beating so fast Yomiko hearing his heartbeat just gave her a smile..

"The head mistress gave it to me , when i ask her about your mother , she told me that when you came to visit with us , and she saw you talking to me in my old room , she said that she knew you have change and you were ready to accept these letters..."

"S-she's right , and it's all thanks to you...shall we read a few of them ?"

"Well , sure if you don't mind ..."

"I don't ...." she smiled and lean on Mina's shoulders..

Her hands a bit shaking when she choose to open and envelope , while opening a letter , from it a single faded photo had fallen...

A single faded photo....it's hard to see Mimiko's face in the photo but it's a woman holding a baby from a hospital..somehow minamino felt relieved..

"I-is this my mom ?!"

"I guess..." (Dark Red colored Hair it was certainly Mimiko , and the cute baby with the curly bright hair is definitely Yomiko..)

"M-my mom....." Yomiko's tears flow uncontrollably as she held on the photo..

"The picture might be faded and it's hard to see her face in this photo but this is definitely my mom , right mina ?"

"Yes...she is..."

"Thank you Mina....would you listen as i read out this letter..?"

"Of course..."

*To Yomiko....

Forgive me my child , you might be still to young to understand the current situation i'm in , but believe me when i said that i didn't abandon you , i will come back to you  , i will definitely  come and get you one day....

I might be far away but i'm always thinking of you , love you always...

From Mom..

"S-she didn't abandon me ?!"  she looks in awe , her eyes widen but her tears won't stop falling..

(that's right she didn't , she was in a coma for 5 years , she might have amnesia back then but when she remembered she did come back , but you were not there..and not yet ready to accept her..)

In the remaining letter's Mimiko wrote kind in words she doesn't talk about herself instead it's all about Yomiko..

"....S-she..." as Yomiko finished reading  some letters , her expression changed a little bitter look and her face , left as she smiles at minamino aweryly. .

"Yomiko ...? are you okay ? 

"I'm fine  , as she pulls herself together , she stood up and looks at minamino..

" I'm going to work now ?.."

"W-what about these letters ?"

"I'll leave it to you for a while , let's read it when i come back , okay ?" then she hurriedly left the room..

When Yomiko left , he notice his phone vibrating , he has a message from an unexpected sender..

(A unregistered number ?)