Nightmares

It had been days since I had dinner with Ryder and his family and it had been days since then that I haven't seen Ryder. Not that I was complaining, I love the fact I have my own life back in control and I was able to go to work without him pestering me. When I got to the diner, everyone welcomed me back with smiles and bear hugs. Even our regular customers were glad to see me back.

After a long day of work, I felt so relieved. Not because I was tired of it, but because it felt great. "Hey Scarlett!" Leo's happily greeted making me jump.

"Ah! Gosh darn it, Leo!" I placed a hand over my fast beating heart as hr chuckled and apologized. "What are you doing here anyways?"

I turned the chairs over and placed them on the table after wiping both chairs and table down. Leo came over and helped me. "By the orders of Ryder Quantum, I am to accompany you on your way home," he said quite dreadfully making me smile.

"You don't have to you know?" Leo looked at me with a deadpan look as I giggled. "Where is your fearless leader anyways?"

"Out of country for our other business. He won't be back for a week or two or when everything settles down."

I slowly nodded as we finished up. We walked to the employee's room as I changed my clothes. Pulling on my jacket, I entered the kitchen to have Jeremy, Nancy and Leo in a deep serious-looking talk. "I don't care. She'll be staying with me."

"Do you really want to do this now?" Leo asked in a deep low voice. "One word is all I need to snap you in half."

"Knock it off. Both of you! If Scarlett hears both of your threats, she'll be furious," Nancy scolded. "If that's what Ryder wants then so be it. We won't stand in the way, right Jeremy?"

"Nope. No way! She'll be even more furious if she finds out that Ryder already sold her apartment to move in with him in the big house."

"He. Did. What?!" I snapped angrily.

I ran from the diner all to the way to the apartment. I used the stairs and when I finally made it up there and opened it up, everything was gone. All my hard earning furniture was gone. The apartment was exactly how it was when I first moved in. Empty and plain. I closed the door and dropped everything on the ground. I went to my room to also find it empty. I felt like tearing up. I was angry. I was sad. I was frustrated. I can feel my legs weakening.

Everything started spinning around me and suddenly, I was welcomely wrapped and submerged into a dark abyss.

I awoke to a find myself in an unfamiliar room. Slowly sitting up, I looked around the fairly large sized bedroom to find it looking bleak with dark colors. The door opened to reveal an elderly woman. When her eyes met mine, they widen. A smile soon spread across her face. "Young madam!" She quietly cries out. She headed out the bedroom.

"Young...madam?" I asked out loud. No soon later, the elderly woman came back followed by...my father?

My eyes stayed glued to the man as he stared back with relief in his eyes. He looked me over as I the same. "Scarlett," he whispers. He came over to my bedside and was about to reach over and touch me when I slapped his hands away.

"Don't. Touch me," I spat.

He was taken back by my sudden impulse. I stood up from the bed and was about to walk away when he grabbed my elbow. "Where are you going?"

I tugged it back, shoving him away also. "Stay away from me!"

"Scarlett, it's me. Your-"

"My father," I interrupted. "Don't worry, Jim. I remember you, very, well. I also rememberer the fact you abandoned us when I was little. I remember the fact that you left mom and turned her to a drunken and drug addict woman. I remember the fact that you left without a single word!"