Chapter 10

A villain is just a victim whose story hasn't been told. ~Chris Colfer

Dedicated to that_dam_gymnast for all the commenting and voting she does on my fanfics. It's appreciated!

Siena

"Um, yeah? So what the hell is going on?" I asked, gesturing to the flaming buildings behind me.

Warrior shook his head. "I don't know. J-my informant called me here to tell me people needed my help."

"No shit Sherlock." I said sarcastically.

"Look, we don't have time to bicker. I need your help. I can't save these people on my own." He pleaded.

I sighed. "Fine, but we go to being enemies again after this, ok?"

His face relaxed in reliefs. "Sure." He said gratefully.

I ran to the brownstone on the left.

When people see me coming, they cower in fear. For a split second, hurt spikes through me. Then I pushed it away. "No, I'm here to help. Is there anyone in the building."

A woman pushed her way to the front of the crowd. "My girls!" She sobbed.

"Ok, ma'am. Can you tell me what their names are?"

"Sarah, Sally, and Samantha."

"Ok, can you tell me what they look like?"

"They're about three feet tall, all with blue eyes and porcelain skin."

"Umm, ma'am, I'm confused."

A young boy pushed his way beside the lady. "Allow me to explain. They're her prized collection of dolls. She loves them more than anything."

"I understand that, ma'am, but I need to know if there are any living people inside the building. They need to be rescued first."

"Yes!" A man yelled from the back of the crowd. My son is trapped inside."

I nodded. "Ma'am, I'll get your dolls as soon as I rescue his son."

I ran into the building. Probably not the best idea, but we've got no time for a plan. Dylan would said otherwise.

He's not on the first floor, and he can't be on the third; nobody lives there.

On the second floor, I spot a piece of the ceiling has crumbled down, trapping a teen boy underneath it.

"Please, can you help me!" He screamed.

I ran over to him. His eyes widened. "You're Black Hawk."

"Kinda obvious with the costume, huh kid?"

"Did you do this?"

"Of course not." I said, offended. I continue searching for a way to pry the debris off of him. "One thing you should know about villains kid, they stick to their morals. I don't kill. Now, I could join with people who do, but I won't."

"So you did do this."

"No! Didn't you just hear what I said? If I did his, would I be trying to help you right now?"

"Fair point."

"Ok, it's too heavy for me to lift. I'm going to use a lightning strike to vaporize it. Stay as close to the ground as you can."

"Kinda can't go anywhere else."

I rolled my eyes and close my eyes, imagining every spark of life running through me.