15

A/N 5+ Comments/votes for the next part please! :)
Also, do any of you watch The 100? I've just started season 2 and I'm obsessed!
(UPDATE: I've had so much trouble with wattpad today I hope this finally uploads! Ugh!)

It had been two days since Adelaide's true identity had been revealed and Magnus was worried about her. She had been unusually silent since Clary and Isabelle had left the apartment in the early hours of the morning, leaving Adelaide curled into the couch, waving at Magnus as they left.

Adelaide had woken up later and not spoken a word; she'd been training harder than Magnus had ever seen in the entire time he'd known her.

On this particular morning Magnus decided to intervene, it was only 10am and already Adelaide had been training for five hours.

Magnus entered the training room and watched with interest as Adelaide aimed at her target, slightly missing the centre as she fired.

Magnus quirked a brow at her, 'Having fun?'

Adelaide's body was covered in a light sheen of sweat, her muscles aching from overuse. 'Always.' She responded quietly.

'I wasn't aware you could shoot.' Magnus eyed the bow and runed arrows in her hands warily.

Adelaide laughed lightly. 'I'm not much of a shot, Alec was always a much better archer than me.' She placed her arrow and pulled back on the string, releasing it and hitting the target dead on, correcting her earlier mistake with ease.

'I find that hard to believe.' Magnus said wryly.

'What do you want to talk about Magnus?'

'You.' Was his simple response.

Adelaide sighed. 'What about me?'

'Are you okay?'

She sighed loudly. 'I'm fine.' Adelaide looked away from Magnus' prying eyes, knowing he'd see the truth in them.

'Well, after what happened with Alec-'

'I don't want to talk about it Magnus, alright.' Adelaide's voice was sharp and cold and utterly out of character.

The silence between the pair was deafening for a few moments until Magnus spoke again.

'Fine. Don't talk about it with me, but at least talk about it with your sister and Isabelle.' His voice was as hard and cold as hers had been.

Adelaide sighed and opened her mouth to apologise for snapping at the warlock, but when she turned to face him again, he was already gone.

*****

Adelaide was sitting on Magnus' kitchen counter, carefully drawing runes on arrows when Isabelle and Clary entered the apartment. Magnus still hadn't returned and the guilt was eating away at Adelaide, so she'd taken his advice and asked them over.

'Hey.' Adelaide spoke in greeting as the two girls entered.

Clary raised an eyebrow. 'What are you doing?'

Isabelle grinned at the familiar position Adelaide was in, it was one she'd seen her in many times before. 'Arrows?' She questioned, making her way towards the girl.

'Yep. Figured I should probably start making them again considering It's only a matter of time before dear old dad finds out I'm still alive.'

Isabelle grimaced. 'I'm sorry, Addy.'

Adelaide shrugged, jumping lightly off of the counter. 'My problem, not yours.'

Adelaide led them into her bedroom, seeking comfort in the familiar surroundings. She gestured for Isabelle and Clary to sit on the bed, while she sat on the plush chair across from them.