Chapter Twelve: Trouble

A/N: Hey guys, sorry this is such a late update - I've been working 12 hour days and doing nothing but sleeping in the down time!

Hope you like this one, please keep leaving your beautiful comments, I adore you all! xo

~ ~ ~

Chapter Twelve: Trouble

Breaking News out of California there has been an explosion at Berkeley University's Anthony Hall early this morning. Two are confirmed dead while many others remain trapped inside the building.

With the stability of the structure questionable, emergency services are exhausting all options to evacuate survivors.

The cause of the detonation is currently unknown but authorities suggest that it may have been a deliberate act of terrorism against the school less than a week out from finals.

Federal officers are on scene and ask that any witnesses come forward with information that could help track down those responsible for this heinous act.

If you are having trouble contacting a loved one you think may have been affected please contact the hotline below.

*

Scott woke up that morning to find himself alone in bed.

Usually Isaac was far less than subtle when he woke up but clearly today he had a reason to let him sleep in.

He felt uneasy at the thought of having the conversation he knew had to come, part of him wondered if they were made of enough to make it through.

He got out of bed and headed to the kitchen when he noticed the note by the coffee.

Gone to Derek's, let me know when you want to have that talk – Isaac

He wondered if Isaac had gone over there to check on Erica after her date. He had overheard a rather sweet conversation between the two of them the night before but hadn't brought it up.

That side of Isaac was one of the reasons Scott loved him so much.

When it was nearly lunch time he knew he had held off as much time as he could manage. He got dressed and tried to ignore the churning in his stomach until he realised that this feeling was more than just nerves.

It was as if the feeling became concentrated the moment he noticed it because suddenly it felt like a punch to the guts and all the wind was knocked out of his body.

As he sucked in hard for breath he felt a throbbing pain run through his body only the ache wasn't his own. It was second-hand pain and it was clear now exactly where it was coming from.

"Stiles..."

*

"Erica you need to listen to me, you need to put Derek on the phone right now!" Lydia said again. "I called him I tried to call him but he wasn't picking up and I saw... I saw..."

"What did you see?" Erica asked but Lydia couldn't bring herself to say it.

She knew what she had seen and she knew what she could feel but she couldn't explain any of it, not without sounding crazy.

"I'm not crazy," she whispered.

"I know," Erica said. "Lydia I know you're not crazy but you need to tell me what you saw."

"Stiles," Lydia said. "Someone needs to talk to Stiles, now."

"Scott, slow down, what's wrong?" Isaac asked as he tried to listen to both his words and Lydia's through Erica's phone.