Secret Desire: it begins

Secret Desire

Author: Krystal Werner

Here I am, walking behind some slow lady and her daughter in the grocery store. I sigh. I cant seem to get around them. I run my fingers through my thick, black wavy hair in frustration. As I walk by the deli section of the store I see a man in the corner of my eye. He's an older gentleman wearing a long body length black trench coat. His hair is a silver color. He looks to be in his early 40's with tired blue eyes, bushy silver eyebrows and thin lips. Our eyes lock. He stares at me emotion and motionless. Yes, my eyes are abnormally bright, gem-like green but did every person that saw my eyes have to stare at me like that?!

I try my best to ignore him but suddenly I can't help but noticing his pale skin, paler then even my almost translucent skin, and how bright red his lips are. He has the confidence of a 20 year old. I uncomfortably brush past him as he continues to stare unblinkingly at me. When I get past him I glance over my shoulder, seeing his gaze still on me. A shutter runs across my body.

I got out of the store as quickly as I could after the run in with that creepy guy but it didn't take long for me to completely forget about the incident. The sun is long gone as I drive down highway 34, heading home. The radio is on but i'm not paying much attention to it. Nearly 15 minutes away from home is when it happeneds, I hear a loud thud on the top of my car, making me jump and scream, slamming on my breaks. Luckily there aren't any cars behind me on the highway.

As my mind tries to process what the hell just happened I freeze, my hands gripping the steering wheel tightly. In front of me are two figures standing in front of my car. Before I can even have a chance to blink something, or someone jumped from the roof on my car, onto my hood and then onto the ground right in front of my car.

Sunconsciously my eyes went to my rear view mirror, seeing 5 more figures standing behind my car. My heart lurches into my throat and my stomach twists into a knot. What is going on?! I felt myself begin to panic. This was extremely creepy! They were all wearing hooded black trench coats, like the creepy guy in the grocery store.

Two of them came over to either side of my car. One of them reached for my car door. Without a second thought I stepped on the gas. But somehow I didn't hit any of them! It's like they all just dissappeared into thin air! It must have just been my imagination. I did have quit an imagination, ever since I was a kid. Of course I would imagine something like that. I shook my head at myself.

Very abruptly, all four of my doors flew open. As the figures piled in, I was yanked out of the car. The figure held me outside of the still speeding car as I started screaming, terrified of being thrown out of my own vehicle. As the thought of my body hitting pavement and my bones being crushed I was pulled back into the car and carelessly thrown into the back seat, landing on top of hard legs.

“What the hell is going on?!” I finally brought myself to shout, struggling to get away from the figures. The only response I got was amused laughter as all the doors simultaneously slammed shut. The man driving made a pyschotic U-turn on the highway and sped off in the other direction.

Tears sprang to my eyes as confusion set in. I looked up at the closest figure to me. Unlike the others I could see him, because I was directly under him and his hood failed at covering his face from this angle. He looked back down at me.

His skin was pale, his lips red, his eyes black, his hair was a white-blonde and his body was hard. All of there bodies were, and cold. He smiled at me in a snarling, fang-bearing way. The second I realized he had fangs my whole body freaked out in such a way that I must have passed out, because the next thing I knew everything went black. But that face still stuck in my head.