His Cure

★ ★ ★

★ ★ ★

Bucky snaked his arm around Marlena's waist, pulling her small body into his. He stroked the soft strands of her hair with his other hand, nearly lulling her to sleep. His face was nuzzled in one of the fluffy pillows that Clint had supplied her temporary bedroom with, as well as the cozy blanket that Marlena was snuggled up in. 

"You can't even begin to understand how difficult it was to fall asleep in an empty bed, Buck," Marlena breathed out as she examined his new and improved, metal appendage.

"Yes, because sleeping in a giant tube at negative two-hundred degrees was so enjoyable," Bucky chuckled, pulling her hair away from her face.

Marlena rolled her eyes and twisted her body so that she was facing him, "You were unconscious the whole time, loser."

"Still," he pressed a kiss to her forehead. "I'm sorry, y'know. I really am, Mar."

"I know you did what you felt had to be done," she nodded, staring at him, her own hand moving to cup his stubbly cheek. "Can I ask you a question?"

"Of course, doll," Bucky replied, gazing at her.

"Who built your new arm?" she asked with a puzzled expression on her face.

"T'Challa had it built, but Tony paid for it, despite the fact that T'Challa is the richest man in the world; Tony said it would make us even for him trying to kill me." He chuckled.

Marlena's lips formed the shape of an 'o' as she glanced down at the arm; she had to admit to herself that she couldn't be too surprised.

"Have I ever told you how beautiful you are, Marlena?" Bucky smirked, causing Marlena to grin.

Marlena scrunched up her nose as if in thought, "You may have mentioned it once or twice."

Bucky simply rolled his eyes and pulled her closer to him, their lips connecting like magnets. He let out a sigh as he kissed her; she was just as ecstatic to have him home again. Bucky surprising her was the best birthday present she could ever receive.

Finally pulling away, Bucky peered at her with big, blue eyes, "God, I don't mean to brag, but damn are we gonna have some good-looking children one day."

Just then, Sam made a grand entrance into Marlena's bedroom, his figure lingering in the doorway as a grimace spread across his face.

"Y'know how I said I wanted you two to go ahead and get married, start a family, all that good shit? Yeah, well, I'd rather you save the baby-makin' for another time. The walls are thin, and I don't wanna see my dinner again." Sam folded his arms over his chest, looking at the two seriously.

Marlena sat up in the bed, Bucky still playing with her hair where he lay back against the pillows, "How about you save the sexual comments for another time? We're having a moment here." She rolled her eyes at the shadowy figure in the doorway.