Chapter Twelve

***LUCAS POV***

I lay on the floor staring up at the ceiling, too drunk to move. Arnold mumbles something on the couch but my mind is to far gone to register the words. He rolls over and peers down at me from the couch's edge.

"You Live down there?" He slurs. I drag my eyes to him and give him a smile. nodding. Woah is the room spinning or was that just me?

"I fine" I say my English broken by the liquor. He grins at me and drags himself off the couch.

"I got some grass if you're interested. I don't have the flour though. sorry." He says, stumbling to his bag. I shrug, not really caring either way. He takes his bag and grabs the stuff to make a few joints, passing me one and taking one for himself. He tosses me a lighter and I light it up, taking a puff, letting it over take me. "This is the life." He says and I nod.

"I agree Man. Why did I stop this?" I laugh making him laugh.

"Cuz you're an idiot?"

"Yes, Yes I am." We toss jokes around and take a few more hits, the stress from earlier disappearing, until my phone goes off. I check the caller ID and groan when I see Rolland's number. "What do you want?"

"I'll be there in a few minutes. be ready asshole" He growls and hangs up. I stare at the phone in disgust. Arnold peers at me with confusion.

"What's wrong bro?" He asks I shrug and stand up, stumbling.

"Rolland. The Fucker is coming to get me and I would not like to repeat yesterday. I'm out of here, when he gets here tell him you Never saw me today." I slur and stumble my way to the stairs, taking them carefully so I don't fall. As soon as I step outside I see headlight up ahead, they haven't hit me yet so without thinking I dive into the craggly bushes next to the door, trying my hardest to be quiet, and praying that the lights don't hit the bush. If they did Rolland would see me for sure. Luck was for once on my side and the Lights don't hit me. I peer out and watch as Rolland gets out of his car and stalks up the stairs, disappearing inside to no doubt Get me. As soon as I hear his footsteps on the stairs I dash out of the bushes and jump into my car, sticking the keys in the ignition and start the car, wincing when the purr of the engine is loud. Keeping my headlights off I back out of my spot and race away, praying that Rolland didn't see me leave. I needed to get out of here. I was not ready to go home and I knew if I did I would regret it. I race off thinking of a place to go to get the stuff out of my system. Maybe I could walk around the mall, it didn't close until eleven which means I had another three hours before it closed. I turn my lights on and click on my blinker, heading to the mall at a neck breaking speed. Please let no cops be out tonight!

A few minutes later I am parking outside of the Grand Mall and heading inside, pulling my hood up and putting earphone into my ears to block out the young teenage giggling girls. I walk around them and just troll around the mall, up and down, I duck into a movie store and flip through all the new releases, choosing a few that seemed interesting. I leave the store after paying and head back to the main central. Keeping my head down I head back to the car. a Laugh from up head has me freezing in my stop, my body trembling. NO. no It couldn't be. I lift my head and stare at horror as my father walks toward me His friend Kyle next to him. The two men have yet to spot me and I beg my feet to move out of the way. But they don't. When they are just a few feet away my body finally unfreezes and I dive into the music store again, flinching when they walk right in behind me. I quickly duck in an isle, waiting for them to leave. I hear my father.

"Kyle what about this one? I saw previews of it, it seemed decent." He says holding up the movie Crimson Peak. I peak over and wince when my Father is looking in my direction. I duck back down, thankful he hadn't seen me. I hear Kyle say how the movie was ok and the two make their way to the cash register. My body shakes as they come into view. All my father had to do was turn around and he would be staring straight at me. My body refused to move, almost like it wanted him to see me. My eyes follow them as they leave the store, Laughing together as they no doubt head home or somewhere else to bring misery.