Edward Elric x Reader; Not That Short.

Yaho! Here is your dose of Edward Elric, the poor shorty. You and Ed are in similar positions, except you tried to transmutate your sister so she could live again, yet you have lost an eye, an arm and a leg. Oh! And you're a State Alchemist - Known as the Bionic Alchemist!
Enjoy~. (D/H) means Dominant Hand (Left/Right).
--------------------------------------
'Aaaah, Central, how I have missed you lots.' (Y/N) thought to herself.
She hadn't been to central in so long, and she was called in to meet the new state alchemist, 'Edward something-or-other', she thought.

Word had spread through Amestris about how powerful the Fullmetal Alchemist and his brother were. 'Should be quite interesting to meet these two...' She pondered to herself, whilst the military taxi pulled through the gates to the central building. 'I'm finally home...' She smiled to herself as the taxi stopped at the steps.

She got out of the taxi, saluted the driver, and rotated her (D/H) arm, clicked the automail left knee and pulled her fringe more over her right eye before making the short run up the stairs and into the building.

Ed and Al were on their way to get a mission from Colonel Mustang when Lieutenant Hawkeye stopped them. "You two need to get downstairs to the main entrance. You are to meet the Bionic Alchemist, and you are to bring her to me." She instructed to them, and they saluted.

Once Riza had walked away, Ed sighed and dropped the salute. "Why do we have to go meet this 'bionic alchemist'? We've never had to do that and Mustang will probably wanna kill us now!" He griped, Alphonse trying to calm him down.
"Nii-san, we should go meet this alchemist, she sounds important. She may know something about how to get our bodies back!" He offered, making Ed mumble a 'fine'.

So they headed off downstairs.

When (Y/N) got to the doors and opened them, she ran into a giant suit of armour, and a marginally taller boy (short compared to the armour though) with blonde, braided hair. "Ow, ow, ow..." The (H/C) muttered, running a hand over where she hit her forehead.

"Hey, are you okay?" The armour asked. (Y/N) looked up and noticed the sigil on the armour's shoulder. "Are you soul bound to your armour?" She asked, pulling herself up and lifting the helmet up. "Oh, you are, you beauty!" She squealed. She then continued to clamber into the armour and look at the blood seal.

After a while, she popped out, only to look straight into the angry honey eyes of the blonde in front of her. "Why are you in my brother and who are you?!" He screamed, a tick mark appearing on his forehead.

(Y/N) smirked, giggling to herself whilst climbing out of Alphonse. "I'm sorry, Alphonse-san, I should've introduced myself," she bowed to 90 degrees and apologised. "My name is (Y/N) (L/N), the Bionic Alchemist." She straightened out as she spoke, her hair pulling to the side to reveal her eye - one with a miniature camera being used as a lens, and the original biological (E/C) eye.

Ed stared at her, before approaching her, staring straight down the lens of (Y/N)'s bionic orb, only to start blushing. "It's... It's amazing! You know Mustang, right? Let's take you to his office! How did you get that eye? Have you got anything else? Automail?" Ed starting firing questions from his mouth like a bullet, whilst Alphonse just out his hands up and apologised.

The (H/C) waved her hands and smiled, answering Ed's questions as they started to guide her to Mustang's office. "I got the eye by trying to use human transmutation," her eyes suddenly dropped, whilst Ed and Al gasped slightly, waiting for her to continue.

"I also have automail because of the taboo committing... My sister grew ill, and alkahestry was no good... So I went and committed the taboo, leaving her to die and me near death." She finished by lifting up the (D/H) sleeve and left trouser leg. "This is how I escaped. The truth left me with one eye, one arm and one leg, yet no sister." She spat, ready to punch a wall.

Ed just put his hands on her shoulder to keep her restrained. "You know alkahestry?" He asked, making the bionic girl nod. "Do you know what you need to get your body back?" He continued to question, making the girl nod once again.

"I need a philosopher's stone." She sighed, rubbing her temples. "The only way to create one is by harvesting souls and that isn't something I'm prepared to do, even for my body or someone else's..."
Ed's amber eyes softened as he watched the bionic alchemist defend her actions. "We'll talk about this another time, here's Mustang's office." He said, Al raised his arm but (Y/N) stopped him, putting on a big smile and just walking in on Roy.

"Oh, dearest Uncle Colonel Roy Mustang~! It's your favourite non-biological niece!" She sang as she burst through the door, making Roy jump up and drop his pen.

Mustang was going to yell, but when he saw who it was, he walked over to her and bundled her into a hug, whilst Ed felt slightly jealous and he grew angry at Roy. "WHY DIDN'T YOU EVER MENTION THIS GIRL TO US?! WE ARE MEANT TO GET A MISSION HERE, MUSTANG." He growled, catching Riza's attention.

She walked into Roy's office and almost cried, immediately running over and joining the hug, Black Hayate following over and barking happily. Ed and Al looked at them all like they were a family, as well as in shock, only to hear (Y/N) call them to join, much to Mustang's disgust, but he didn't want to upset Riza and her niece.
Ed and Al joined in and they felt comfortable, but after a while they all settled down to talk about the mission, soon finding out they were going to Ishval.

~HUGE TIMESKIP OF ABOUT 3 MONTHS BCS ITS LONG ALREADY~

They were in Ishval for 3 months already, and (Y/N) found it hard to cope, the hunting for the stones, the studying and the worrying about the brothers made her a wreck.

They had been in a fight with Scar, only to come out victorious and bring him to their side, but Ed took a lot of damage.

They were recovering, and (Y/N) was by Ed's side, never leaving once. He was currently asleep and (Y/N) was secretly using alkahestry.

Ed woke up whilst (Y/N) was concentrating and put a hand over hers. "Relax," he said. "You need to rest, and it won't help me grow so relax by my side." He mumbled, (Y/N) nodding whilst crawling next to him and wrapping his arm around her waist as he pulled her close.

She snuggled down next to him and sighed, falling asleep really quickly. She rolled over and wrapped her (D/H) automail arm around his chest and resting.

Before they fell asleep, (Y/N) mumbled something only Edward could hear. "Not that short, so you know..." Before falling asleep.