Chapter 22 - She's On The Hunt

~ ~ Chapter Twenty Two ~ ~

“Girl, I may be pregnant, but I still have fashion sense and that is not fashion,” Emily's disapproving gaze and tone met my eyes and ears the second I stepped out of my room. Raising an eyebrow at her, I looked down at my simple old jeans that had a few rips and tears, and just a plain black singlet.

Shrugging my shoulders, “Eh, I don’t dress to impress anyway,” and I side stepped the massive belly she was pointing my way, giving it a little rub in the process.

“Eva, don’t you want to make him jealous?” Emily asked with an evil smirk on her face and I internally shivered, but stopped walking to hear what she had to say.

Once she saw she had my attention, her smirk grew into a massive grin, which made me even more uneasy over what her idea was going to be, “I’m thinking a lower cut top, possibly heels – depending how well you walk in them and a short skirt to show off your toned legs.”

“Yeah, I’m going to say no on this now,” I muttered slowly and quickly took off down the hall for the stairs, skirts and low cut tops? I don’t think so.

Dad was standing in the foyer, talking with Travis and Stevie, he was laying down his parental rules ‘no getting into fights’, ‘no drinking alcohol’, ‘no drugs’ and on it went. I could see the two boys were bored out of their mind, but I was curious as to why Dad was even laying these rules down – we are good kids, a little rough around the edges at times, but good nonetheless.

Chris was standing besides Grant, and both were smirking and pulling faces at Travis and Stevie behind Dad’s back.

Harper walked up behind me and slung one arm over my shoulder, grinning like an idiot, “Ready for some fun tonight? I heard they have sideshow games this year.”

Shrugging, “I just want to see the fireworks.”

“They have a live band too, with a dance floor,” Brody grumbled as he walked past, only glancing up for a second before he took off out the front door.

“I also heard that there is a massive bonfire there too,” Grant piped up with his two-cents worth and went to go back to pulling faces at Travis and Stevie, but Dad turned around.

“Dancing?” he asked, raising an eyebrow.

“Apparently,” Harper muttered.

“Maybe he will grow a pair and dance with his mate tonight?” I mumbled under my breath, not actually talking to anyone, but I forgot about their hearing.

“What?”

“When?”

“Who!”

“Poor girl.”

“Another girl! Yay!” Emily squealed, clapping her hands in excitement as she bounced up and down on the spot.

“I'm a girl,” I deadpanned and she stopped to look over at me, blinking once.

“I know, but maybe this one will wear what I say too?” she challenged with a small smile – knowing she had me there, sort of.

“I did once! That night I had se-,” I abruptly stopped my words as I realised what I was about to shout out, “Had severe allergies,” and I quickly looked away, feeling my cheeks heat up as I hung my head down, “Let’s just go already,” I mumbled and walked out.

“Had what Eva?” Emily smirked, knowing I had just lied through my teeth, “I don’t ever remember you having ‘severe allergies’,” she teased.