84. Last Words Before A Mission

Steve:

"Stay out of trouble, I'll be home soon."

Asking you to stay out of trouble is Steve's not-so-subtle way of wishing for you to stay safe. He knows that you prefer to say goodbye with a smile instead of a romantic speech that ends in tears. This, in fact usually results in some light laughter followed by you kissing him on the cheek before he leaves.

Bucky:

"Promise me you'll stay safe while I'm gone?"

He's made it very clear a thousand times how important you are to him and how much he worries about you when he's not there to protect you. This is his honest way of asking you not to take any risks and hoping that you won't run into any trouble while he's gone. You always respond by giving him a small nod, followed by a kiss and then you whisper "I promise" back to him before he leaves.

Pietro:

"Don't miss me too much Princessa, I'll be home before you know it."

As you know Pietro's a joker and goodbyes are no different for him. This is his way of making a joke about his super speed and about his habit for coming home early. It's always followed by him giving you a cheeky wink and you subsequently rolling your eyes at him just before he runs off.

Loki:

"I love you, don't ever forget that."

A number of Loki's trips away from home have ended up being longer than the two of you expected, which has resulted in you worrying that he won't come home. You know that he would never choose not to come back to you, but he still makes a habit of reminding you that he loves you and that he will always want to come home. 

Clint:

"See you soon, Kitten." 

Clint has a hard time with drawn out goodbyes and this is a nice middle ground for the two of you. It's not too lengthy or sappy, most likely won't end up being too emotional, but it's still a promise to you. This is Clint's way of promising that he will come back home.

Thor:

"Goodbye love, I will be home soon."

This is quickly followed by him pressing a kiss to your forehead and you giving him a weak smile as you try to stay positive, even though you know how much you'll miss him. His words are simple and to the point. He doesn't want to leave without saying goodbye and he wants you to know that he is going to come back from his mission.

Tony:

"Don't delete any of my shows."

This a reference to one of his first missions after the two of you started living together. When he came back an episode of one of his favorite shows was missing from the DVR and he was not happy about it. You weren't actually the one who deleted it, but he still makes fun of you for it and since he's not a fan of sappy goodbyes he chooses to make jokes.

Natasha:

"Don't worry about me beautiful, I always come home."

Natasha knows how much you worry when she's gone, and while her words are always accompanied by a sarcastic smirk, she does actually intend to alleviate a bit of your anxiety. She's also right, she always comes home to you.

Wanda:

"Hold that thought."

You usually end up dropping her off, because you share a car, and right before she gets out of the car to leave you give her a quick kiss. Then when she leans back she gives you a cheeky smile and says this before getting out the car.

(A/N: 

Okay so here's the thing...After Winter Soldier and short appearances in Age of Ultron I was pretty happy with how the MCU was portraying Sam Wilson. After seeing Civil War though I have to come to this conclusion: I fucking love Sam Wilson in the movies. I mean, I did enjoy him in the comics, but he wasn't one of my absolute favorite characters. In the movies though he very quickly became one of my favorites (also Sam and Bucky are definitely my new BROTP). On to my actual point, when I write for this book I tend to focus on and think of the Avengers as they are portrayed in the movies and since I hadn't decided on my opinion of Sam when I started the book I decided not to include him. Now that I've decided I love his character in the movies I really want to write for him, but I'm not sure how I want to do that yet so here are the current possible ways that I've come up with:

1. Add Sam to this book - This would be an incredibly long (and tedious) process that I'm not sure I could be successful with. TBH, not my favorite plan.

2. Write a few Sam preference chapters and add them into Marvel Imagines - This way I could do whatever preferences I wanted for him and it would be less confusing for everybody (I think), but it is an imagines book not a preference book so  ¯\_(ツ)_/¯. Regardless of whether or not I put preferences for him in the Marvel Imagines, I will still definitely write imagines for him in that book.

3.Forget the whole preference thing and create another separate book for Marvel characters that is a relationship head cannons book - This could be an interesting concept, and it would give me a chance to write some simple stuff for a lot of different characters, also it has a preference-like theme to it so it's still a decent possibility.

Anyway, do any of you have any thoughts or opinions on the subject? 

P.S. Sorry for this really long note/ramble)