Chapter 69 - It's Over Niñita

I didn't have school on Tuesday. It was a grading day, in the middle of the week. I don't understand my school. I was in town with Lin, Daveed, Pippa, Groff, Renée, Lexi, Thayne and Andrew. We were basically just out in the theatre district, and have you ever walked around the theatre district with a Broadway cast? Basically there's a lot of reminiscing, theaters people had performed in, shows they've been in, or friends were in.

"Wait," I stopped everyone in front of the Gershwin. "WICKED!" I sang.

"Oh yeah, we're gonna see that next month." Daveed walked up next to me. "Are you excited?"

"Of course I'm excited!" I smiled, as we walked forward, right up to the Circle in the Square Theatre.

"FUN HOME!" Lin yelled, walking past the theater. "Don't you all love Fun Home?"

"I've never seen it." I shrugged.

"WHAT?" Andrew asked.

"Wait seriously? Why not?" Pippa asked, "it's really good! Don't you have a Fun Home t-shirt?"

"No, I love the show, I've just never seen it."

"Again, why not?" Lexi asked.

"Foster kid." I pointed to myself.

"Oh. I never thought about that." Renée shrugged, "so, what shows have you seen?" She asked, as we walked on.

"On Broadway?" I clarified, and she nodded, "Hamilton."

"Holy crap." Thayne laughed a little, "that's gonna change in like a week. Seriously. When are you free? What do you wanna see first?" He asked.

"You guys don't have to take me to shows, although, I would love to see Shuffle Along, and Finding Neverland."

"Well, that's happening. Seriously, next Monday?" Andrew asked.

"We're going on vacation." Lin said, "we leave Sunday."

"Oh, yeah, we're are you going?" Groff asked.

"Everywhere."

"Ok, but seriously, where?" He pushed.

"I cannot tell you, it my secret place if you know where I am you will follow me and I will get no work done at all. Ever. And we won't have an Easter Bonnet skit."

"Ok. Ok."

"It is my hidden place under the sea where I recharge."

"Ten bucks says he's hiding under his blankets for a week." Pippa whispered in my ear as we walked. And I giggled, Lin hadn't even told me yet, and I was going, although, I think Pippas guess is pretty spot on. Eventually they stopped in front of the Ambassador Theatre, which held Chicago.

"Hey, I have a friend in this, let's say hi, he should be here, it's their 2 show day." Daveed walked in and the cast followed.

"I'm just gonna stay here, I'm not that keen on Chicago. You know, 5 year old cinnamon roll." I smiled, and sat on a bench in front of the theater. I pulled my phone out, I was semi-internet popular, because, as I found out the other night, I have fans. Yay. Anyways, I was on Instagram stalking some chicks account, because you know, I'm normal.

"Good morning." Someone said sitting next to me.

"Well, it's technically afternoon, with it being 12:30." I looked up, "go away."

"No way." It was Nick, and I was very done, very very done, I stood up to go into the theater, and get everyone to leave. "Come on, let's go." He grabbed my waist with both hands and pushed me forward.

"Nick stop it. Please. Let go." He didn't let go, he kept pushing me, until he finally shoved me forward into an alley in between 2 buildings. As soon as he did that, I tried to run, but he stopped me with his arm and threw me back a little. "Nick. I'm serious, just, please, please, please," my voice de-evolved from confident to helpless, weak and pathetic. "Stop." That word came out as a whisper.

"I have no idea what Luke sees in you." Nick walked forward, ignoring my previous plea.

"Same thing you do." I backed up as he steadily made his way over to me.

"No, he actually finds you attractive."

"Well, you've kissed me too." I retorted, my back hitting a wall behind me, and my breath catching with fear.

"I know I've kissed you, but he looks at you and isn't instantly repulsed."

"Should he be?" I asked, trying to appear decently strong, and unafraid.

"Definitely." He spit a bit in my face. Ok. That kind of hurt. He was standing way too close to me, and his arms trapped me, one on either side of my head, I looked up at him, to see him smirking down at me, at the moment I did what any sane girl would. I kneed him in the groin. He doubled over and I made a run for it, I sprinted out of the alley, and I could hear him running after me, he grabbed my waist, picked me up, brought me back into the alley, and threw me on the ground.

"Worth it." I choked out a bit.

"Was it?" He asked kneeling over me.

"Yep."

"You weigh a ton." He said, glaring at me.

"Or you're just really weak." I smirked to myself.

"Shut up." He grunted, and I took this time to scream. This was the loudest scream I could muster, it was high pitched, it was extremely loud, people in Maine heard that, my scream was cut off by Nicks fist colliding with my throat. I lost all air, and he sat up on my hips, stopping whatever the heck he was doing to watch me deal with this.

"Holy... Crap..." I managed to get out. I held my hands to my neck, struggling with each breath.

"Never scream ever again. Do you hear me?" He asked, and I nodded rapidly, "never. I know how much you love that pretty little singing voice of yours and I promise Princess, I can take that away in an instant if you refuse to shut up." He threatened, and glared me down. I was nervous, and I tried to squirm away, and right as I stared, his body flew off of mine, and I felt myself get yanked off the ground.

"Stay behind me." Lin pushed me behind him quickly, "you ok?" He whispered back to me. Sirens started wailing in the distance.

"Which one of you called the cops?" Nick had picked himself up from the ground, and was now really angry, looking from left to right, frantically. He finally made eye contact with me, and a terrible fire consumed his eyes, and he swung his fist towards me, missing me, but hitting Lin in the jaw.

"WHATS WRONG WITH YOU!" I screamed at him, Lin straightening back up with his hand on his jaw, I almost punched Nick, when Lin put his arm out stopping me.

"Don't." He simply said.

"Yeah, you worthless piece of crap." Nick yelled to me, and tears welled in my eyes.

"You don't talk to her like that." Lin shoved Nick a little.

"Well look at her. She's obviously a pathetic. Little. Child." He spat, and I stood behind Lin crying.

"DONT SAY THAT!" Lin yelled, and Nick punched him. I freaked out, as he shoved me against the wall, swinging his fist at my face again.

"HELP!" I screamed, I thought it was useless, but as I screamed it, Nick was yanked off of me. Everything was a blur, but I slide down the wall crying, and hugging my knees, as I sat on the ground, I looked up to see a police officer finally put handcuffs on Nick, and another read him Miranda.

"It's ok." Lin was sitting next to me. "It's over." He put his arm around my shoulders pulling me into him, "it's over Niñita. It's all over."

Thanks for reading! (May 23rd)

- Abi