|sixty two

"you're a fucking idiot."

his eyes were filled with tears.

"i know."

"tell me it's a lie."

i didn't say anything.

"please just tell me this is a shitty joke."

he gripped my shirt tightly.

"please." he cried,

falling to his knees.

"i made a mistake." i pulled at my hair.

"so you regret it?" he gave me a hopeful look.

"no."

jungkook pulled his knees to his chest.

"i love him, you know that. whether i regret it or not, i-"

"and i love you, you fucking idiot! do you know how hard it is to watch you fucking destroy yourself over that asshole? i've watched you cry, i've held you for hours because of that bastard and as soon as you got the chance you fuck him?! why are you like this?"

i stood up angrily.

"i didn't ask you to care! you don't have to if it's such a hard fucking job! i never planned on doing it with him, but i love him and my feelings got the best of me!"

"and i love you. and you don't fucking care, and that pisses me off, and i just want to punch you, but i can't because i never want to hurt your stupid ass."

"jungkook, why did you just recently confess? why do you even like me? i'm not worth it." my voice lowered as a tear ran down his cheek.

"because you were so fucking happy with life. you were this bright light in the darkness and seeing you dim like this after everything is the hardest fucking thing i've ever experienced in my life."

tears raced down the boy's cheeks.

"i always looked up to you because you were everything i've ever wanted to be. you had dreams and goals i couldn't even imagine myself having. you were there for every single person who needed someone and as soon as things started going wrong for you no one was there."

i wiped the warm water from his eyes.

"do you know how hard it is watching the person you're utterly amazed and inspired by break down?"

i let out a shaky breath from this conversation.

"i was so scared when i saw you cry for the first time behind the dumpsters. i only saw you as strong and happy before, but your eyes that used to be filled with such beauty and joy were just so fucking empty.

he cried into my shirt, but i really didn't mind.