Dining with Movement

Getting onto the train became an interesting matter, since a tree was growing out of the entrance door. Fade and you tried to push it out of the way, but the branches wouldn't budge. Not seeing any other way, you went over to one of the windows and tried to push it open. Likewise, the window wouldn't budge either. Your eyes landed on a nearby stone. Picking it up, you raised your arm up, ready to throw it against the glass window. However, a hand wrapped around your wrist.

"Miss ____, there is no need for such a violent action" Diamond stated, grabbing the rock out of your hand and dropping it to the floor.

Diamond proceeded to walk over to the entrance door. He grabbed the topmost branch and tugged on it. Instantly the tree vanished, allowing the four of you on. The inside of the train stunned you. It looked completely different from the outside. Inside everything was brand new and seemed to shine with cleanliness. The engineer car's seat for the engineer was vacant, giving the room a strange silence. However, you didn't have much time to think on it, as you were led to the next car on the train. Upon seeing it, you knew that this train was one of luxury. All the chairs in the car were armchairs that had a gold and silver checkered pattern. The feet of the chairs were covered in gems ranging from diamonds to emeralds. Elegant crystal chandeliers hung above in the car. Though, the four of you passed through this car and didn't stop until you reached the dining car.

Green carpet with a gold and silver diamond pattern lay out on the car's floor. There were rows of tables with freshly laid out dining ware. At each table were four wooden chairs with green cushions, which had gold beads surrounding the edge of the cushions. Next to each table was a window with a set of brown blinds and greenish-gold drapes. Moreover, lamps in the shape of flowers illuminated the tables. Single red roses in vases rested on each table.

Before the brothers could protest, you sat down next to Fade, making them sit across from the two of you. As you sat down, you could feel the train start to move. Taking your backpack off, you got comfortable in your chair. Remembering that you hadn't eaten in sometime, you reached into your backpack. Fade glanced over your shoulder, as if to see if you would eat one of the oranges. Just as you took out the bag of cookies, Heart snapped his fingers together. The cookies vanished, as did the rest of the food in your backpack. You became confused while Fade looked disappointed.

"What did you just do?" you questioned, looking at the blue-haired brother.

"Well my dear lady, we are in the dining car".

"We thought you would like to enjoy a proper meal, Miss ______".

"I guess that would be nice" you muttered.

"Hmm, I wonder how long it has been since someone has cooked my meal for me" Fade mentioned.

"Who said you would get a meal, child?" Heart questioned.

"You can always have some of my food, Fade" you added.

Fade smiled in gratitude and began to play with her fork. Both brothers merely glared daggers at her while she seemed not to notice. You sat in your chair, the awkward silence making you uncomfortable. Though, soon something grabbed your attention. All of a sudden a single candle appeared in the center of the table. Its tiny light casting shadows across the table. Fade looked entranced by them and started tracing her fingers over them. In an instant they started to dance on the table around her. The tiny shadows held hands and danced in circles, an inaudible tune escaping their lips. You became mesmerized by them, not noticing the food that now appeared on your once empty plate.

While Fade and you played with the shadows, the brothers glanced at each other. They didn't quite care for all the attention you were giving Fade. Furthermore, they were quite unhappy about the fact that she could make you smile so easily when you rarely smiled for them. Your delighted face glowed in the candlelight, possessing the innocence of a child. The two twins only wished that your smile was directed at them.

"If you wait too much longer your food will get cold, my dear lady".

Heart's voice broke your attention from the dancing shadows. You finally realized that there was food on your plate. The food on your plate consisted of a side of green beans with slivered almonds and roast beef with gravy on top. Sparkling orange soda bubbled in your crystal glass. Heart and Diamond had identical servings of food. Diamond just had ice tea in his glass while Heart had sparkling orange soda like you. As for Fade, she had nothing except a mere glass of water. Seeing her stare at your drink longingly, you switched your drink with hers. Her eyes lit up at your action. You then began to place some of your food on her plate. Once Fade had food on her plate, you began to eat own your.

The silence continued while the four of you were eating. It was the first time the brothers had been so quiet around you. Furthermore, they weren't messing with you either. Instead they barely even touched their food. You took this to your advantage. Having finished your own plate of food, you quickly snatched food from both of the brothers. Surprisingly your action seemed to bring them back to their senses.

"Miss ____, it's rude to steal from another person's plate".

"Consider it payback for the last time you two stole my food".

"My dear lady, if you're going to eat our food, please do so properly. You have gravy on your face" stated Heart, as he reached across the table with a napkin in his hand.

Bringing the napkin gently across the edge of your mouth, he wiped off the gravy. A blush swept across your face in embarrassment.

"There, that's better".

"Ah, that reminds me, Miss ____ do leave room for some dessert".

You merely nodded your head in response and pushed away your empty plate, taking a sip of your water afterwards. Not a moment later the plates vanished and were replaced by smaller plates that had a white and black checkered pattern. A few more seconds passed and on your plate was a chocolate lover's dream. The once simple double chocolate chip cookies now lay under brownie batter ice cream, which was covered with chocolate whipped cream and a chocolate covered cherry on top. Your eyes hadn't gazed upon such a decadent dessert in quite some time.
Thus you dug into the sweet treat, enjoying every bite of it. Fade once again didn't receive anything on her plate, but she didn't look too interested in the dessert anyway. She was quite enjoying her sparkling orange soda. Once you finished desert, Fade jumped out of her seat.

"Well I'm headed off for bed. Goodnight, _____".

"Goodnight, Fade".

She soon disappeared into the next cabin, leaving the brothers with you.

"So my dear lady, do you wish us to sleep in the same bed as you again?".

Just thinking about the last time made your face turn crimson and you could only manage to shake your head until words found way to your mouth.

"No, I'm quite fine on my own. Besides you two looked comfy enough on your own" you stated, remembering the two brothers cuddled next to each other.

"I don't quite understand you, Miss ____".

"So you two didn't find yourselves cuddled in each others arms".

What happened next shocked you. To your utter surprise, both brothers' cheeks turned a light pink. Diamond glanced the other way and started pulling petals off the red rose in the vase on the table. Heart just took a sip of his soda, trying to forget your statement. You couldn't help, but smirk slightly.

"I'll take that as a yes then. Well I'm off to bed as well".

Getting out of your chair, you were about to head off into the next cabin, but Heart grabbed your wrist.

"My dear lady, the night is still young. How about we play a game? If one of us wins, you'll share a room with the victor. If you win, we'll allow you your own room".

"Or I can just go to my own room".

"You have no choice Miss _____, now please sit".

Heart released his grip on you, as you sat back down in your chair. You waited to hear the details of the game and were surprised to find Heart pulling out acard matching game.

"The game will be a simple game of matching. Winner of course is the one with the most matches. Now let's begin".

Card match games were one of the games that you were good at. As long as the brothers didn't have any tricks up their sleeves you could very well win the game.

"Ladies first, Miss ____".

Determined, you started the game. As the game pressed on, the two brothers were tied with you losing. However, they were only ahead by a few matches; you could still win. The game proceeded, as cards were flipped over and over again. With the number of cards dwindling, you made doubly sure of where every card was. It came to your turn once again. Your hand hovered over a card. You were trying to find the matching sloth. You had eleven options before you. Deciding you had made the right choice, you flipped over the card. It was the right match; you had found the other sloth. Finding a match gave you another turn.

Once again, you had found a matching pair and another. When your luck died out, you were several matches ahead of the brothers. At that point there were only four cards left on the table. There was no way for the brothers to win. After their turns passed, you smiled in victory. You had officially earned the right to your own room.

"Well seeing as I have won, I'll be heading off".

Neither of the brothers held you back. However, they had their own plans. They weren't going to allow you to win so easily.