Chapter 20

Chapter 20

Exhausted

I've been planning the wedding for a week now. We don't plan on getting married until June after school ends, but weddings take a long time to plan. Luckily I have my mom and friends to help me out. Today we're going to see our house for the first time. It's finished and all it needs is to be furnished. Andy and Marco are riding with Ms. Ramirez, while I'm riding with my parents and the twins. I can't wait to see the house, and move in.

We pulled into the driveway and I was shocked at what I saw. I fell in love instantly. The house was made of brown brick. The porch was covered with a roof and there was a nice garden out front, going in a squiggly line. It had a two car garage and two floors. I took the twins out of the car and put them in their strollers.

"This is amazing, dad." I muttered.

"It's gorgeous." My mom said.

"Designed it myself." My dad said smugly.

Ms. Ramirez pulled into the driveway and got out. She was amazed by the house just as I am.

"Pendiente (Outstanding)"

"Can I live with you?" Andy asked with a chuckle.

"Where's Marco?" I asked.

"Still sleeping. He's been working hard." Andy leaned into the car to wake Marco up.

Marco has been working two jobs, handling school, and taking care of the twins. He's been so exhausted lately. He worked at the corner store today, and later he has to go to his other job at Target.

Once Marco was up, he was a little grumpy, but he loved the house. Whenever we get furniture, we can move in and be a real family.

"This amazing." Marco said.

We walked into the house. As soon as we walked into the door, there was hardwood floor going to the back of the house. To the right was an entryway to the huge living room. There was a fireplace and floor was carpeted. To our left was the door to the garages and the stairs. We walked to the back of the house and saw the huge kitchen and bathroom. There was also a small office.

Next we went upstairs. There were three rooms to our left and a branching hallway to our right. Straight ahead was another room. We looked in each naming what they would be. There was one bathroom connecting two bedrooms together. A small closet, and two more bedrooms. The door to the back was a medium sized room that we're planning on using for the twins and their toys.

We went back downstairs to see the backyard which we decided to leave for last. We opened the sliding glass door to the back deck. A huge smile came to my face when I saw the huge pool. There was a play area to our left set up for when the twins are older. And to our left, the was another small garden. Not many trees were here, but I thought it was better so we could see the view.

"This is amazing." I said. "Thank you so much." I gave my parents each a hug.

"It was our pleasure sweetie." My mom said. "We'll go furniture shopping soon."

We all headed home after seeing the house. Knowing that I'll be married and we have our house, makes me so happy. We'll be an actual family. I'll be able to get a job so Marco doesn't have to work so hard, and I can go to college.

Once home, I put the twins down for a nap. I ran into Marco coming from the nursery. He looked half asleep.

"Hey." I said. He looked at me and gave me a half smile. "Are you alright?"

"Just a little tired. I have to leave in 30 minutes."

"Call out sick. You're being worked too hard."