Chapter Seventeen

The Icy Beta: Chapter Seventeen

I looked at Brayden in surprise. Did he say that he love me? Unknowingly, tears were filling my eyes. How long have I been waiting for this day to come? Was he serious in what he had just said? He wasn’t joking about it right? He really loved me. Brayden leaned forward and kissed softly on my forehead. I closed my eyes as he kissed my left eye. Both of his hands held my neck as he kissed my lips. Our kiss was slow and gentle. When his lips left mine, I saw his eyes had turned pitch black. He turned away and closed his eyes briefly, letting it returned to its usual colour before opening them again. I smiled sweetly at him and with him returning a smile.

“This is the first time I see you smile.” I said. Brayden moved forward and wrapped his arms around me.

“Are you still feeling pain anywhere?” He asked while looking at me.

“Just feeling a bit of body ache. Nothing serious.” I felt myself recovering from injuries fast. Brayden frowned at me and pushed me gently to lie on the bed. He tugged me nicely into the blanket.

“You should rest more.” He said firmly.

“But I feel like getting out of the bed. How’s their cake baking process?Madison said that she wad going to bake the nicest cake in the universe.” I suddenly thought of Chloe and the others. I didn’t see them anywhere in the room. There were only me and Brayden. I wondered how was their progress in baking the cake. Brayden heaved out a sigh.

“Don’t worry about them. Just take a rest now.” Brayden didn't sound very happy when I mentioned about them.

“What’s wrong?”

“They should take good care of you and not let you fall.” Hurt flashed past his eyes when he was saying that.

“It’s not their fault. I should be more careful. Don’t be angry with them.” I pleaded and used my puppy eyes to look at Brayden.

“Moreover, isn’t a good thing that I got back my eyesight?” Brayden sighed. Pretty ironic huh. I lost my eye sight because of a fight but I regained it with a fall.

“It’s a good thing that you can see now but… By falling down? Doesn’t sound that good to me.” Brayden frowned slightly. “Probably I should ask Amy to come check on you.”

“I’m fine. Really. Don’t always bother her. If I’m not feeling well, I will definitely tell you. Ok?” I said. Brayden looked at me and I looked back at him. We stared at each other and none of us were backing down. I raised my eyebrow and continued staring at him. Brayden groaned out loud and looked away from me.

“Fine.” Brayden replied reluctantly. I smiled widely at him.

“If you are in pain or not feeling well, you must definitely tell me.” Brayden was not giving me any options. It was like an order which I definitely had to follow.

“Promise.” I smiled happily at him. After a while, I shifted myself to the side to make some space for Brayden. I patted at the space beside me and signaled him to lie down with me.

“You should rest too. You look tired.” I said. Brayden took a look at me before climbing up onto the bed. I wanted to face Brayden. However, he flipped me over with my back facing him and placed his arm over my waist.

“Brayden?” He held me close to him.

“Sleep now.” Simple 2 words filled with authority. I smiled to myself. His protectiveness was so attractive to me.

"Stay with me?" I asked as I wanted him by my side. Moreover, his wound on his shoulder had not fully recovered which I didn't understand why.

Brayden moved closer to me and I could hear his smooth breathing. I closed my eyes and within seconds, I was sleeping soundly.